A trader's muffalo had a heart attack and i got free stuff :D

Started by 123nick, July 20, 2016, 01:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123nick

right now, a muffalo of a trader had a heart attack, and i got a ton of silver, a psychic insanity lance, and a animal pulser :D

pictures:

edit: the muffalo died too, so now i also get free meat  ;D

Dread Zep

you just gave me an idea.

this is what im gna do.... ill train a bunch of boombalopes and wait for traders to come to town.  once they get there, im going to create an animal area where they are standing and then draft a colonist to snipe a boomer.... hopefuly itll be enough to kill them all but not destroy their stuff....guess we'll see

DeltaVee

I had some traders come by and they decided the best time to leave was during a time where a pack of manhunter boars were drooling at my door. I was already rubbing my hands together and let out that sinister mr Burns 'excellent!' because of the bionic arm I wasn't able to afford, but whilst the traders were busy dying a horrible death. the muffalo bolted for the edge of the map and made it :(

Edit: Dread; you better have a good shot for that because the chances of him missing and pissing off the faction is quite formidable.

Dread Zep

well of course im going to cheat a lil and save it before the first attempt, and then just keep trying till i get it right haha

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Dread Zep

Quote from: Dread Zep on July 20, 2016, 03:53:17 PM
you just gave me an idea.

this is what im gna do.... ill train a bunch of boombalopes and wait for traders to come to town.  once they get there, im going to create an animal area where they are standing and then draft a colonist to snipe a boomer.... hopefuly itll be enough to kill them all but not destroy their stuff....guess we'll see

this did not go down well.  i would have offended fewer people by eating a ham sandwich in a mosque

makapse

what are all the mods you are using? Cause that looks like a mining dig for plains

FalconBR

A trader had a heatstroke on my colony and died, I got the free stuff, but I lost faction reputation!

123nick

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on July 20, 2016, 04:57:12 PM
What's that brown building thing? in the second pic

thats the quarry from cupropandas mods. its a thing you can built and you can send colonist too go mine at it, up too four, and it gives rock chunks and resources.

123nick

Quote from: makapse on July 20, 2016, 05:39:25 PM
what are all the mods you are using? Cause that looks like a mining dig for plains

http://i.imgur.com/JyWCbuI.gifv

you can right-click and press "show controls" too slow it down or pause it

along with those mods, some mods not on steam are:
CCL
Edb prepare carefully
corepanda(for cupropandas mods)
izzysentials core
ESM mine vein
ESM mountain temp
ESM smooth wall
ABC suit
cupros drinks
dwarven crafts
Powerless!
quarry (this is the mod that adds the brown quarry in the second pic)
Izzyssentials Furniture 1.03 A14
Izzyssentials Hydro 1.03 A14
Izzyssentials Lights 1.03 A14
Izzyssentials Solar 1.03 A14
Izzyssentials Switch 1.03 A14

Chibiabos

I've gotten a lot of free stuff from a trader when their muffalo got into my freezer and drank itself to pass out from my beer. XD  Totally worth the beer I lost.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

123nick

Quote from: Chibiabos on July 20, 2016, 11:20:53 PM
I've gotten a lot of free stuff from a trader when their muffalo got into my freezer and drank itself to pass out from my beer. XD  Totally worth the beer I lost.

wow, that is really cool! and its worth further investigation: what if you left a lot of beer out, and traders haulers would drink it, pass out, and you could take their loot.

giannikampa

i took trader's muffalo drunk (then dead) in A13 easily, wherever they camped i would add a stockpile with critical on beer and waited the outcome, in A14 it looks this won't work anymore..still testing tho
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

123nick

Quote from: giannikampa on July 21, 2016, 02:38:59 AM
i took trader's muffalo drunk (then dead) in A13 easily, wherever they camped i would add a stockpile with critical on beer and waited the outcome, in A14 it looks this won't work anymore..still testing tho

maybe its because its your beer, they wont eat it,  so maybe u need too forbid it after its hauled