(A16) Tranq Turrets (updated 1/9/17)

Started by amodchecker, January 08, 2017, 01:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

You don't want them stunned, you want them downed.
Thats a bit different in the game.
Stunned is when they can't move or attack, like an EMP on mechanoids.

MineFoxC

yes,but when you have them stunned,you can easily down them.
"They ask me:
how did you get banned from so many communities?
I answer:i don't even know...i guess they don't like wallhacks/aimbot/lag hacks/god mode/infinite ammo?

Thyme

You can hardly move into a horde of 30 tribals charging your defense to down a stunned pawn. I like the current implementation, although I have to use a mix of normal and tranq. turrets because they have less range and don't do burst shots.

edit: So, I just upped the range of the vanilla and the tranq turret a bit (tranq still has a bit less range) and gave the tranq turret a 2-shot burst. Prolly a bit unbalanced compared to the standard variant, but I really need more good colonists. Last raid 6 of 30 tribals were downed, using 6x tranq turret, 4x vanilla turret, 4 sniper rifles and a minigun in a killbox.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

ROD

i just downloaded. i'm going to test its effects now. could you put it in the workshop ? thank you a lot. very helpful.

amodchecker

Quote from: ROD on February 02, 2017, 03:31:06 AM
i just downloaded. i'm going to test its effects now. could you put it in the workshop ? thank you a lot. very helpful.
i don't have Rim World on steam so i can't upload it there, but someone else could as long as thay followed the license in my sig

Quote from: Thyme on February 01, 2017, 04:50:45 AM
You can hardly move into a horde of 30 tribals charging your defense to down a stunned pawn. I like the current implementation, although I have to use a mix of normal and tranq. turrets because they have less range and don't do burst shots.

edit: So, I just upped the range of the vanilla and the tranq turret a bit (tranq still has a bit less range) and gave the tranq turret a 2-shot burst. Prolly a bit unbalanced compared to the standard variant, but I really need more good colonists. Last raid 6 of 30 tribals were downed, using 6x tranq turret, 4x vanilla turret, 4 sniper rifles and a minigun in a killbox.
6 out of 30 sounds about right for that setting,  the minigun and snipers are what are keeping you from getting more prisoners, also if you have the turrets bunched up all 6 might be shooting at the same target and that can kill pawns, burst fire shouldn't be necessary because the turrets have about the same number of shots/minute as the stock ones, unless i messed up on the math or packed the wrong XML
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

Thyme

Yea, my killbox pretty much hordes the raiders together. Already had a prison break (the hold fire option is neat), all three guys have been incapacitated. Yesterday a bezerk rage from a prisoner (got no meal, cause my guys were fighting a psychic ship) got subdued with a tranq turret, no wounded. Thanks for making them reinstallable.

I didn't check the xml, it just felt right to give them an extra shot. The fire rates did not appear to be equal (single shot feels lame compared to 3-shot burst ^^).
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Euzio

A few questions to ask~

1) Does this mod work on saved games?
2) Does it work with existing turret mods? (I'm currently already using More Vanilla Turrets mod)
3) Lastly, is it possible to upload this mod to the Steam workshop? I'm currently playing Rimworld on Steam and would love to give this a try.

Been looking really hard for a way to incapacitate raiders without killing them. It gets real frustrating when a raider shows up with awesome stats but I always end up killing them or completely shooting something vital off....

Elixiar

I would LOVE to see tougher mechanoids. Bring em on.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

amodchecker

Quote from: Euzio on February 03, 2017, 04:08:32 AM
A few questions to ask~

1) Does this mod work on saved games?
2) Does it work with existing turret mods? (I'm currently already using More Vanilla Turrets mod)
3) Lastly, is it possible to upload this mod to the Steam workshop? I'm currently playing Rimworld on Steam and would love to give this a try.

Been looking really hard for a way to incapacitate raiders without killing them. It gets real frustrating when a raider shows up with awesome stats but I always end up killing them or completely shooting something vital off....

1: its pure XML so it should work just fine on saved games
2: yes, it works with other mods (i tested it with More Vanilla Turrets)
3: i don't have Rim World on steam so i can't upload it there, but you should be able to use the mod from here, open steam and right click on the game>properties>browse local files>the folder named "mod" (or mods) then unzip the zip in there so you only have one folder level, if you end up with a folder named tranq turrets inside a folder named the same you unzipped it wrong, just copy the "deepest" folder back up to the mods folder so you have mods/Tranq Turrets/defs,textures,about

seeing as how this mod is getting a lot more notice then i ever expected il be adding in some new stuff soon that should make things a bit more interesting

Quote from: Elixiar on February 03, 2017, 04:54:58 AM
I would LOVE to see tougher mechanoids. Bring em on.
ok,  fun fact: mechanoids now are kinda like how my A12 mod beefed them up, no where near as armored but somewhat close in HP, however you can still kill mechanoids in Vanilla with sniper rifles, mine back then would have laughed at you if you tried it
i might even try to add in a new mechanoid or 2
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form