[A13-1.0][Modlist] RD's QoL Mods & More

Started by lost_RD, July 21, 2016, 03:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lost_RD

2019 April Latest news: I'm back! Updating my mods to 1.0.

I've been pumping them out since A14 and I still have ideas so it's time for a list post.

Shinzy, when you see this, make me a banner or something  8)

[1.0.x] SlowDown

Allows you to choose between speeding the game up (normal mechanic) and slowing the game down. Toggle slowdown by pressing 5. The normal speed options are now reversed, and very fast becomes very slow. Useful for no-pause runs or for capturing video of the game during intensive situations i.e. a hundred manhunting wargs versus fifty colonists, when framerates are normally highly variable.

I have plans for implementing a cooldown meter mechanic. Running in normal or fast speeds fills up the slowdown meter and running in slow speed empties the meter. First I'll have to learn how to draw a meter to the GUI layer.

Downloads - Steam

[1.0.x] WildAnimalAlert

Alerts the player whenever a wild animal enters the map. This is useful in extremely cold maps where growing is difficult and hunting is the primary source of food.

Downloads - Steam

[A17] OPAL: Orbital Peace Assurance Laser

Tynan liked it so much he made his own version of it!

Got a manhunter problem that won't go away? A siege that is wrecking your shit? A psychic ship you can't get near? You need OPAL! For a modest* fee, our satellite will position itself above any target you choose and beam down pure energy until the problem is solved**. Contact OPAL to see if we service your Rim.

* 10,000 silver per use
** 10-20 seconds only

Downloads

[A16] FireDepartment

Adds a three tools for fighting fires: fire extinguisher (short range), firefoam grenades (medium range), doomsday firefoam capsule launcher (long range).

Downloads

[A16] ReinforcedConcreteWall

Adds a stronger wall for late-game. Intended to be balanced around the Pandora storyteller. As of 1.0, the wall has 5000 hp and is 99% resistant to fire.

Downloads

[A16] BabyBattery

A smaller battery, 1x1, that costs the same as a large battery. It holds less charge but it is much more efficient at storing charge than a larger battery.

Downloads

[A14] [CCL] DevSpeedEnabler

If the hidden fourth speed mode "dev speed" is the only tool from dev mode that you use, this mod is for you. It enables dev speed outside of dev mode.

Downloads

[A16] FloorBeautyRebalance

Why do wooden floors have no beauty? Why do smoothed stone floors have more beauty than stone tiles? These questions are addressed by this mod.

Downloads

[A16] HardyDevilstrand

Devilstrand takes forever to grow but dies in a instant. I fix this by removing some ways that devilstrand dies: extreme cold and toxic fallout.

Downloads

[A15] AllowDazedDrops

Important notice: As of A16, this mod is no longer necessary. Tynan changed the mood and pawns no longer drop their stuff.

When pawns enter a dazed state they often shed their clothes and throw down their weapons. No big deal, but why aren't my other colonists cleaning these items up? They will now!

Downloads

[A14] [CCL] NicknameTweaks

Increases nickname character limit for colonists from 15 to 27 - longer does not render nicely. Also implements a tag scheme at the end of each nickname:

Quote from: Spartyon7The letters after the colonists name denote whether they are a shooter (S), brawler (B), or non-violent (NV). It also tells whether they are a hauler (H) or non-hauler (NH). These letters are just to make it easier for me to see who to grab when I need certain things done quickly.

Downloads

[WIP] [A13] BlackGold: There's oil in them thar hills

BlackGold aims to be a mod that adds a new resource to the Rim: oil. I'll get to this eventually, probably.

Downloads

lost_RD

Lost's Mod Idea Emporium

This is a list of mod ideas that I may get to in the future. If you like the idea, feel free to make the mod.

Sausage Machine

• Accepts all corpses
  • Spits out lots of cooked sausages
  • Requires power

Teleporter pads

• Step on one, appear at another
  • Both sides of the link require power

Raid Tracker

• Tracks enemies in raids
  • Shows how many remain alive, how many until raid flees, how many are downed
  • Can handle showing multiple simultaneous raids

Autodoor Buttons

• Next to "Hold Open" a button that says "Open" or "Close"

AI Core Mech Surgery

• Use an AI Core to recruit a mech
  • Mech only fights but can be repaired using plasteel

Massage Parlour

• Massage table item
  • Work type: massage
  • A pawn can spent an hour giving another pawn a massage that gives a mood buff (based on massage skill) that lasts 6 hours)

Raid Mode

• Switch restrictions between normal and raid states
  • No more having to remember which animals belong to which zones after you restricted them all to a safe place during a raid

viperwasp

I'm amazed no one has commented yet. Thanks for the mods I think the Nickname one might interest me. I will have to check it out sometime.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Andruvan

Many thanks for the floor beauty balance mod, that has been bumming me out for a while!

ruzackovich

thanks for batteries , there's quotes about "size doesn't matter as long its functional ". ..

lost_RD

Quote from: ruzackovich on July 27, 2016, 04:37:16 AM
thanks for batteries , there's quotes about "size doesn't matter as long its functional ". ..

Haha, something like that :P Mainly I just wanted to have a battery that was somewhat efficient. I'm still not sure if I balanced it well.

Havan_IronOak

Thanks! There are some great ideas here.

lost_RD

Quote from: Killface on August 01, 2016, 04:14:24 AM
Even though I'm just downloading right now, I already consider some of your mods essential. Thank you.

It's nice to hear that!

asquirrel

Oh man, please update the reinforced concrete wall mod for A16.  That mod was awesome against people trying to take my power generators down. :)

lost_RD

Quote from: asquirrel on December 25, 2016, 07:47:12 PM
Oh man, please update the reinforced concrete wall mod for A16.  That mod was awesome against people trying to take my power generators down. :)

Done!

asquirrel

Quote from: lost_RD on December 31, 2016, 10:03:40 PM
Quote from: asquirrel on December 25, 2016, 07:47:12 PM

Done!

Hey dude, I think the mod I was thinking about came with a cement mixer and it didn't require rebar.  I believe it was just the combination of two sets of rocks to make the concrete.  I know the rebar is more realistic but it requires steel, which is something I'm always in shortage of. :(

lost_RD

In A16 it's much easier to get more steel. Make a caravan and pillage the tile next to your base.

lost_RD

Added some mods since last bump, check 'em out  8)