[A17] Less Rebuff

Started by kaptain_kavern, July 21, 2016, 09:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Less Rebuff

Tweaks several mood penalties relating to romance. All penalties can only stack once, now.

Details :

• Failed romance attempt incurs -5 mood and lasts for 4 days.
  • Break-up incurs -15 mood and lasts for 25 days.
  • Cheating incurs -15 mood and lasts for 25 days.
  • Divorce incurs -20 mood and lasts for 30 days.
  • Rejected marriage incurs -18 mood and lasts for 30 days.

Again a big thank you to Dingo,
most of the code in there has been added by him (at first I only have done the rebuff nerf)

kaptain_kavern

kaptain_kavern

OverlordZeni

This is such a good idea, thank you!  A workshop release would be great, if you have the game on steam.

slimane

Thanks for this. Is there anyway we can get the same thing for marriage proposals? I've seen some debuffs approaching -50 because of a pawn was refused marriage several times by the same lover.

kaptain_kavern

Hi Slimane, thank you for the suggestion. You're right.
Look at the code :

<ThoughtDef>
    <defName>RejectedMyProposalMood</defName>
    <durationDays>25.0</durationDays>
    <stackLimit>5</stackLimit>
    <stackedEffectMultiplier>0.95</stackedEffectMultiplier>
    <stages>
      <li>
        <label>my proposal was rejected by {0}</label>
        <description>I thought we were meant to marry. But I was just shot down.</description>
        <baseMoodEffect>-25</baseMoodEffect>
      </li>
    </stages>
  </ThoughtDef>

<stackLimit>5</stackLimit>

The mood can stack up to five time, each time bringing -25 mood.
Which number of stacks seems to be ideal ?

Fluffe

I would say around 3 seems like a good idea cause as the saying goes reject me once shame on me reject me twice why am I even trying again reject me three times im a idiot lol

slimane

Personally, I would prefer only 1 stack. The colonist with -50 was a nightmare to deal with, I can't imagine how you could manage a colonist with FIVE stacks.

bekztekz

Quote from: OverlordZeni on July 22, 2016, 10:36:21 PM
This is such a good idea, thank you!  A workshop release would be great, if you have the game on steam.
I second this. Thank you.

kaptain_kavern

Dingo

The folder name you created is "ThoughDefs" and the game uses the folder "ThoughtDefs" (notice the T there), is this intentional? Also, for some reason you have the marriage proposal text there but it's non-used and identical to the source material.. Don't think it's required though I guess it does nothing.

kaptain_kavern

OMG no it's a typo (and someone already had tell me about it). I will correct that right away thx.

twoski

i did notice that rebuffs were happening way too often.

i think instead of changing how many can stack, it would make sense to change how often pawns try to hit on eachother. right now they seem overly horny.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: bekztekz on August 05, 2016, 05:56:31 AM
Quote from: OverlordZeni on July 22, 2016, 10:36:21 PM
I second this. Thank you.

Hi,
Like I stated earlier I will not use the Steam Workshop at all for releasing my mods. Long story short : I find it poorly done regarding mod-updates-managing, this leading to broken savegames. That's why I don't want to promote or endorse the use of it at all.

That being said with have a great community around this game, so if a serious and reliable person is willing to upload them on the Steam Workshop I have no ?ego? problems with that as long as :

• it is plainly written and clearly understandable that "the mod author will never look at steam comments or threads - so please use Github or Ludeon's forum thread for suggestions/issues" (or something similar)
  • it is also clear in your head that I can't help you directly with Steam WS features as I haven't Rimworld on Steam

Best Regards  8)

Linclon

This has been a HUGE problem for me for a while now.
Thank you so much. 10/10