[A14] Colonists choosing raw corn over simple meal to eat?

Started by Chibiabos, July 15, 2016, 08:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perseus109

Mine is worse that just preferring raw food.  They are at the point where they ignore all food and stave unless forced to eat.  I deleted a storage area and they moved everything but the food, eve a survival ration.  This is alpha 14 vanilla.

Chibiabos

Quote from: Perseus109 on July 21, 2016, 10:27:23 AM
Mine is worse that just preferring raw food.  They are at the point where they ignore all food and stave unless forced to eat.  I deleted a storage area and they moved everything but the food, eve a survival ration.  This is alpha 14 vanilla.

That's because you have a prisoner bed in there.  Colonists are not allowed to touch any food that's in a room with a prisoner-marked bed.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Chibiabos on July 21, 2016, 10:34:25 AM

That's because you have a prisoner bed in there.  Colonists are not allowed to touch any food that's in a room with a prisoner-marked bed.

I think the exception is you can right-click force them to go eat the food in a prisoner room, just not haul it or anything else. At least I remember it that way back in A12. Haven't found myself in that predicament since then.

BlackSmokeDMax

To switch topics just a bit, I believe your table/chair setup is still prone (though perhaps not likely) to still end with you having the "Ate without a table" moodlet. When chairs share the corner of the table there is only room for one meal. So if people eating at both chairs on a corner both try to eat at the same time, one will end up putting his meal on the floor, and getting that negative moodlet.

Chairs in that arrangement work fine for social gathering though, it is just in the less likely event of eating in the same table spot at the same time.

edit: unless that has been changed in the last two alphas, I last had that happen to me in A12, and haven't let it be an issue since.

@everyone

According to the comments in the A14D Dev Blog release, this is not a bug.

Quote from: Tynan Sylvester
July 21st, 2016 - 9:50 pm

Sean – Corn is no worse than meals as food.
They prefer eating food that's about to expire. So, they may be considering corn and meals (equal mood impact) and choosing the corn to avoid wasting it when it expires.
It's not making the harder, but easier.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.