Music

Started by TronPrime1, February 27, 2014, 01:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TronPrime1

Okay, I like Rimworld, and I'm sure you guys all like Rimworld, but to me there feels like something's missing. Something essential to the overall quality of the game. And that something is music. The game is great as-is, however with a little bit of soundtrack, it could become even more epic. So I compilled a list of music that I thought would work well for the game. For each track, a commercial license can be between $60-$100 (But that's still cheaper than hiring an orchestra ;)). All tracks from audiojungle.net, a royalty free music hub.

Main Menu/Theme: Destroyers by Dreamsfall

Strange New Planet: Just a Glimmer by starmusictracks

Ambient1: Ambient Cinematic Game Theme 1 by konstantin_31313

Ambient 2: Game Background by Goover41

Raiders1: Epic Action Game Loop by gregdoesmusic

Raiders2: Nebula One Assault Loop by imphenzia

ColonistDies1: Safehouse by Eirendin

ConlonistDies2: Memories by Eirendin

Endgame/Credits: Epic Victory by VogelAudio

Let me know what you think of my soundtrack lineup.
-TronPrime1

Vas

I'm not exactly sure  I like this set of music for the game.  :P  Some of it is too techno for the game which is a more Firefly type game after all.  I think an older times, hardship, struggle for survive themed music would be better. It's hard to describe what kind of music I'm thinking of I suppose.  I'm sure they have a plan for music though in the end game.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Tynan

Al and I have been developing music for two months; I just added it into the game, actually :D
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TronPrime1

:O

Can you make it so that music can be changed and edited with a mod? Maybe even added in some instances. I could make a music pack based off of the movie I'm making.

Tynan

Quote from: TronPrime1 on February 27, 2014, 04:21:14 PM

Can you make it so that music can be changed and edited with a mod? Maybe even added in some instances. I could make a music pack based off of the movie I'm making.

Yep, it's already set up that way. You'll be able to set the conditions under which a song likes to play (day/night, action/relax).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

daft73

Quote from: Tynan on February 27, 2014, 04:23:20 PM
Quote from: TronPrime1 on February 27, 2014, 04:21:14 PM

Yep, it's already set up that way. You'll be able to set the conditions under which a song likes to play (day/night, action/relax).
Ty Tynan, custom music option is greatly appreciated. ;D