[MOD] (Alpha 2) Less Explosive Turrets

Started by hawkwing, February 27, 2014, 02:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How explosive do you think turrets should be?

Vanilla: 3.9
2 (3%)
66%:    2.6
5 (7.6%)
50%:    2
18 (27.3%)
33%:    1.3
41 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

hawkwing

Less Explosive Turrets

Description:
Tired of a single turret detonation causing a chain reaction that kills your entire base? Sure you put your turrets far enough? Wondering what madman stuffed your turrets with explosives more lethal than blasting charges? Worry no more.

Screenshots:

Tiny                                       Medium                                       Large

Features:
Decreases turret explosive range on death.
Now in multiple flavors for different levels of masochism. Download whichever version you choose.
1.3m -> Tiny
2.0m -> Medium
2.6m -> Large
3.9m -> Default

Planned Features:
I'd like to integrate this into the tech tree as an upgrade for the default turret and a prerequisite for the existing turret upgrade, but it seems that won't be possible until alpha 3.

How to use:
Lose turret -> survive anyways.

Download:
Downloads available at bottom of post.
Also available here on Nexus mods for you fancy gentlemen who do modding the right way!

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in game.

Notes:
This mod is safe to install or uninstall at will.

Change Log:
0.2 - Added variations for people with different opinions on how explosive turrets should be.
0.1 - Initial release for Alpha 2

Yes, it's still just a very simple mod at the moment. You could just go in and make the edit yourself, probably.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Rimworld mods are now available on The Nexus!
Rimworld Nexus
(Goodbye, 600kb upload limit!)

Evelyn

Very useful, thank you! Would've been nice to have in Alpha 1 as well, haha.

StorymasterQ

So very useful indeed! I'll be waiting for that Tech Tree upgrade before I download it. Great idea!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

hawkwing

From what I've read, I can't implement this as a research upgrade quite yet. Hopefully next update that'll be possible.

Until then, I've update the original post with downloads for versions of the mod containing variations in blast range, as mentioned in the poll.

Also, I'm apparently the first person to drop a rimworld mod on the Nexus. So that's kind of awesome. I'll link to that once rimworld is officially approved and added as a game the Nexus hosts mods for. (it seems I inspired the founder of Nexus Mods to try the game, so that's kind of cool)
Rimworld mods are now available on The Nexus!
Rimworld Nexus
(Goodbye, 600kb upload limit!)

HexCube