"Added simple ruins generation"

Started by Ozog, February 27, 2014, 02:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozog

From the changelog.

What do you guys think it means?

Japzzi

Maybe it just generates some simple ruins somewhere on map?

Tynan

It just adds a few random little stone buildings and walls around, with some stone tiles. Sometimes underground.

I'm going to do a serious archaeology module later; this is just a little bit to get it started.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Jones-250

Quote from: Tynan on February 27, 2014, 02:41:25 PM
It just adds a few random little stone buildings and walls around, with some stone tiles. Sometimes underground.

I'm going to do a serious archaeology module later; this is just a little bit to get it started.
OooOOoohh!  :o  :D
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

SleepyFox

I remember you (Tynan) saying you were jonesing for getting Archaeology up and running as like, the first big thing. It's awesome seeing little dabbly bits for now that we can discover and inhabit (when the next version is up anyway). I look forward to it and the big stuff, too. Especially with the new mechanoid corpses in the stockpiles... ruins with KILLBOTS in them? Oh snap.
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

TarlTheGamer

Hi! This is my first post. I bought the game right when the first Alpha came out and love the updates.
The ruins and archaeology stuff sounds great! I am really looking forward to seeing this game grow and evolve!

daft73

Quote from: Tynan on February 27, 2014, 02:41:25 PM

This is just fantastic!! ;D
Would it possible that the colonists could find some 'lost artifacts' or some other niceties

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

BattleFate

Anything useable Tynan? Like if you crash in the right spot, with ruins nearby, can you maybe start fixing and using them instead of making your base from scratch?

Tynan

Quote from: BattleFate on February 28, 2014, 01:34:12 PM
Anything useable Tynan? Like if you crash in the right spot, with ruins nearby, can you maybe start fixing and using them instead of making your base from scratch?

Yep, you could definitely move into the ruins. Though you'd more likely incorporate them into an outer wall.

BattleFate

Quote from: Tynan on February 28, 2014, 01:36:15 PM
Quote from: BattleFate on February 28, 2014, 01:34:12 PM

Yep, you could definitely move into the ruins. Though you'd more likely incorporate them into an outer wall.
Sweet. How extensive can the ruins get in the future? Will you have entire cities in ruins sometimes? Are they always going to be basic buildings made of stone, or can you maybe find a more technologically advanced civ's ruins?

Tynan

I want to make extremely complex ruins with layers of generated structures for you to tunnel through, getting harder and more dangerous as you go deeper. This could become the main focus of the game.

In Alpha 4+.

BattleFate

Quote from: Tynan on February 28, 2014, 01:41:49 PM
I want to make extremely complex ruins with layers of generated structures for you to tunnel through, getting harder and more dangerous as you go deeper. This could become the main focus of the game.

In Alpha 4+.
Dangerous? How? :)

Tynan

Deadly ancient mechanoids. People in longsleep caskets. Automated security systems. Poisonous materials.

BattleFate

Quote from: Tynan on February 28, 2014, 01:46:25 PM
Deadly ancient mechanoids. People in longsleep caskets. Automated security systems. Poisonous materials.
And the dreaded 'blasting charges' that are rigged up with proximity sensors? :P

Bodog999

Quote from: Tynan on February 28, 2014, 01:46:25 PM
Tynan if you do that that would be awesome. And when you have generation settings you can say ruins or no-ruins, cliff or no-cliff (the no-cliff I really want I Always go in them and set my base up in there. I need action like in a open world with here and ther some rocks little mountains and ore piles).