Download Workshop mods using non-steam Rimworld?

Started by Multistream, July 23, 2016, 10:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Multistream

I have seen so many great mods on steam workshop, there are no their threads on this forum, even a14 mod release thread was moved off releases, featuring only a13 releases thread. I tried to use steam workshop downloader and browser script to download from steam workshop, but that does not works. Okay...

mrofa

Yep normally downloaded mods will work, just remmber to unpack the archives there are packed in
All i do is clutter all around.

Multistream

Quote from: mrofa on July 23, 2016, 02:46:45 PM
Yep normally downloaded mods will work, just remmber to unpack the archives there are packed in
You do not understand my question or i do not understand your answer. I just CAN'T download mods from steam workshop as steam gives ability to download download files from workshop only to steam version of rimworld, and i have non-steam. We need solution. Or just re-add the "a14 anouncement thread" to "releases" topic. And there are mods, which are hosted only on steam. I want them.

Shinzy

with the lil bit of googling I did there don't seem to be any simple way to download mods from the workshop (could be wrong)
Try ask the modders to upload their mods here aswell, I don't see why they would refuse

Multistream

Quote from: Shinzy on July 23, 2016, 03:44:12 PM
with the lil bit of googling I did there don't seem to be any simple way to download mods from the workshop (could be wrong)
Try ask the modders to upload their mods here aswell, I don't see why they would refuse
Yep, there is a simple way to DL mods from workshop, but it does not works for now. And how can i contact modders? They do not post their contacts in description of mods. You know, steam forbirds even commenting mods if you have not bought 2 games yet. I have not.

Shinzy

Quote from: Multistream on July 23, 2016, 03:53:45 PM
You know, steam forbirds even commenting mods if you have not bought 2 games yet. I have not.

Oh that's a bit of a bummer ..makes sense though in a way. What mods are they? maybe someone could grab them for you (or comment in their mod about it)

Dragoon

What about free games like unturned or something? Would those count?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

tefery03

hi, give a list of mods, i will ask for you.
I have both version but prefer the non steam.
The forum should be the main list of mods.
regards.

rotemnuugets

christianmc1101

Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

Multistream

Quote from: tefery03 on July 24, 2016, 06:01:28 AM
hi, give a list of mods, i will ask for you.
I have both version but prefer the non steam.
The forum should be the main list of mods.
regards.
I am sorry, i was offline for week. i want xeva's rimhair and a lot of good scenarios to test

RawCode

Multistream

It is great that they included a14 mod annoncement thread, thanks

frejo793

Quote from: RawCode on August 07, 2016, 10:59:16 AM
well, did you google?

http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/

The owner changed the site to http://steamworkshop.download/

Also, as far as I was able to understand. Ludeon studios do not allow the steam workshop API to work, so there is no way to download mods from the workshop unless you own the game on steam, or if Ludeon studios decide to allows it.