Colonist doesn't care if she can't do something she's doing it anyway.

Started by That Homeless Guy, July 23, 2016, 01:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That Homeless Guy

This gal booth is my main builder who is supposed to be dedicated to her job of building.
I can't tell her to research in the jobs tab but golly gee that's all she'll do is research. She hogs the table from my good researchers and won't budge. it's #1 priority after being recruited for action how do I stop this madness?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

MasterD1085

Go to the work tab, choose manual priorities, then remove the number from research for this guy and he won't do research ever again.

brcruchairman

That still seems off, though; shouldn't having a "-" in a stat prevent it from ever being used? Maybe I just hadn't been sneaky enough, but I was under the impression that no matter what priority you set a job, a pawn with it as a forbidden labor shouldn't be able to perform that labor.

Daman453

Um, it's a bug if they are not allowed to do the work but still doing it. I have had a bug like this in alpha 14 too. Just drop a save game down and the mods you use if you use them and then some smarter people will look at the log and tell what's wrong.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

That Homeless Guy

Quote from: MasterD1085 on July 23, 2016, 07:06:20 PM
Go to the work tab, choose manual priorities, then remove the number from research for this guy and he won't do research ever again.

Don't be silly that clearly isn't the issue nor is it an option.
I have been playing this game for several year now my friend.
I'm even building something like it for fun. I was just showing how frustrating this chick is to have in my colony.
I may just trade her in for her organ value that's 1 lung, 1 kidney an I have less livers than hearts right now so I guess she'll be a liver.
Also Turns out if you have 5 prisoners and you harvest 1 then you might as well harvest the rest for organs too or cut their legs off because they go bananas over other dead prisoners.

That Homeless Guy

I like to think she is going through some sort of internal struggle to be all that she can be.
She's like I don't care what they say, just because I was a castaway and was born a lordling doesn't mean I can't be a researcher. "So this goes into this like this and Eureka!!! Only took a days work but I researched 5 points in Machining", "Who said I had no skill?", "What? NO I'M DOING IT, GO AWAY JONO, I don't care if you are a professional, I'm getting better I swear. Go torture a prisoner or deal with the colony's muscle parasites or something"

Which raises the question. Is his skill being applied to the job as the default value and/or is he gaining levels in research? Do the histories/traits just hide their skill in the window or set it to minimum too?

That Homeless Guy

Quote from: brcruchairman on July 23, 2016, 07:22:20 PM
That still seems off, though; shouldn't having a "-" in a stat prevent it from ever being used? Maybe I just hadn't been sneaky enough, but I was under the impression that no matter what priority you set a job, a pawn with it as a forbidden labor shouldn't be able to perform that labor.

It's some sort of bug I almost like it though as it lets at least this colonist break down those stereotypical expectations of her ability. You can't even set the priority on for her let alone turn it off. It's like it's set to 1 in the priority queue as when I set hauling to 1 then she goes and hauls first. Though I prefer to start all my colonists on priority 2 for their main roles so this just breaks it unless I research all the things or remove the benches.

BlackSmokeDMax

You should probably move (or recreate) this thread to the Bugs section.

That Homeless Guy

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 24, 2016, 09:27:21 AM
You should probably move (or recreate) this thread to the Bugs section.
I have mods on. Already had the rooms turn floors to sand bug once so I am not sure this is a real rimworld issue.

milon

That Homeless Guy

Quote from: milon on July 24, 2016, 04:11:57 PM
Moving to Mod Bugs.

What's your mod list?

Community Core Lib (Latest as of 2 days ago)
^^ Vanilla tweaks
GlitterTech (Latest as of 1 week ago or there about)
Hospitality (^^)
Started with the latest version of Prepare carefully that was released by the Mod owner which was a bad port to 14 didn't work for me but I only turned it off after starting the save. I never used the character creator the whole save was created through vanilla scenario editor.