Traps

Started by RaginCajun, July 23, 2016, 09:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaginCajun

Do traps not work on non-humanoids?  I had a herd of alphabeavers run through them and never set any off. 

Also, what triggers a "revenge" factor in animals?  I've tried to stay away from real vicious animals (panthers, etc) but just got wiped by an alphabeaver revenge that stomped a mudhole in me.  Any tips in hunting large groups to avoid this?  Is it just killing one at a time?

A Friend

From my experience, animals have like a 50/50 chance of triggering it, hostile or not. Mechanoids trigger it normally like human raiders.

Shooting at animals have a small chance of enraging the entire herd. If you wanna play it safe, you could mortar them in one go. Or you could choose to hunt a smaller herd of like 3 to 5 so it would be easier to handle.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Wex

Animals have a chanche to trigger traps based on their model's "girth" if that makes sense.
Squirrels almost don't trigger them, elephants will almost surely trigger them.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

RaginCajun

Quote from: A Friend on July 23, 2016, 09:27:03 PM
From my experience, animals have like a 50/50 chance of triggering it, hostile or not. Mechanoids trigger it normally like human raiders.

Shooting at animals have a small chance of enraging the entire herd. If you wanna play it safe, you could mortar them in one go. Or you could choose to hunt a smaller herd of like 3 to 5 so it would be easier to handle.
Not really an option on the alpha beaver event if I don't want my map deforested..lol.

Klitri

Yes, the chance of the trap being set off is based on the size of the pawn on top of it.