[A14] Miniaturisation - Mod support

Started by syntax1993, July 24, 2016, 10:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

@syntax1993

Couldn't you add the tag in the abstract benchbase ? That way even Manager benches will be impacted

syntax1993

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 29, 2016, 11:38:16 AM
@syntax1993

Couldn't you add the tag in the abstract benchbase ? That way even Manager benches will be impacted

I probably could, although I need to take a look at which mods don't allow this. I've noticed that some mods don't have benchbase as parent type but rather some buildingbase if I recall correctly. I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.

notfood

This could be tackled more optimal as an injection and an exclusion list.

I... may do it.

voxkoshka

Everything that I've been waiting for! :D
Testing now.

notfood

aaaaaaaand done. I went for an inclusion list instead. I'll publish it as soon as you tell me it's good to go.

:: Miniaturization Overloaded ::

Description
This mod introduces the MiniaturisationDef, it allows you or anyone to shrink any table, or not necessarily a table. If it has a defName, you can shrink it. You can contribute for MiniaturisationDef.xml files and I can add them (I'll setup a github repo for easier collaboration), or you can make them into their own mod and have this mod loaded, load order doesn't matter. If you aren't using the requiredMod for the file, it gets ignored.

Writing your own
This is the format, example for EPOE:<Defs>
    <Miniaturisation.MiniaturisationDef>
        <defName>MiniaturisationEPOE</defName>
        <requiredMod>Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering</requiredMod>
        <targetsDefNames>
            <li>TableBasicProsthetic</li>
            <li>TableBionics</li>
            <li>TableSimpleProsthetic</li>
            <li>TableSurrogates</li>
            <li>TableSynthetics</li>
            <li>UpgradingStation</li>
        </targetsDefNames>
    </Miniaturisation.MiniaturisationDef>
</Defs>

defName should be unique, requiredMod is the name found in the About.xml of that mod and targetsDefNames are the names of the things you want to shrink. Put it in Defs/MiniaturisationDefs and you are golden.

I have included MiniaturisationDef for Core, EPOE, Craftable Medicines and Mending.

Download
Beta Test 2

Powered by

kaptain_kavern

Very clever. Link us the repo once it's up, i'll contribute

syntax1993

This is great! I checked out the code and it's looking good! Once yours is up, I need to find a way to notify my currently subscribed people of this change, link to yours or something. We might also need to do this for the original mod (it would make a lot of sense).

This is really awesome. Thanks so much!

Will try it soon but I'm assuming it's working as expected.

eberkain

Quote from: notfood on July 30, 2016, 08:26:08 PM
aaaaaaaand done. I went for an inclusion list instead. I'll publish it as soon as you tell me it's good to go.

Thank you so much for making that so easy to add onto.   Here is a config for Colony Manager, I can't remove the normal miniaturization and still load my save, so I just disabled the Core file  in the new one and loaded both. 

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

notfood

I added a github repo: LINK

I made a tiny change in the MiniaturisationDef syntax, defNames is now targetsDefNames so it can't be confused with defName.

Master Bucketsmith

Elysium

Quote from: notfood on July 30, 2016, 08:26:08 PM
This is great, I was able to get it to do exactly what I want with no prior knowledge about how to mod this game, thank you.

syntax1993

Quote from: notfood on July 31, 2016, 01:02:56 PM
I added a github repo: LINK

I made a tiny change in the MiniaturisationDef syntax, defNames is now targetsDefNames so it can't be confused with defName.

Publish it already! You don't need my permission to do that! :D

Get it out there, it's an awesome mod which (as mentioned above) is super easy to modify without even knowing how to mod.

eskoONE

I don't know if this is a known bug but if u uninstall a bench and configure it to be placed somewhere else it, you won't be able to load the save in that state.

What happened was, I restarted my PC because I was getting performance issues so I saved, rebooted and tried reloading the save resulting in several error reports. It was saying something about crematorium and I quickly remembered that I wanted to move it some where else.

So just as a warning for others, don't move your crematorium (maybe other benches too?) and save leave your game. Even though it's easy to fix the save file. There were a few lines of the crematorium being placed which I removed.

notfood

Alright. I pushed a fix for reloading issue.

Download
Beta Test 2

Seems stable. MiniaturizationDefs contributions are welcomed. Let's get a moderate amount before release.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Serenity

Fantastic. I missed that right away. So annoying to you are forced to deconstruct things. I can see things not fitting through doors. I've had that issue in real life with certain furniture (narrow stair wells are also an issue). But unless it's not too flimsy (or glued together) you can often disassemble things.

There are other things that I'd like to see moved though. Coolers are basically AC units and could be easily moved. Solar panels too maybe. And sandbags