[A14] Miniaturisation - Mod support

Started by syntax1993, July 24, 2016, 10:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eskoONE

Quote from: notfood on August 03, 2016, 07:56:15 AM
Alright. I pushed a fix for reloading issue.

Download
Beta Test 2

Seems stable. MiniaturizationDefs contributions are welcomed. Let's get a moderate amount before release.

ty for the update. ill try it out later. if it is rly that easy to create the xml files as it looks like, ill see if i can create one for each mod im currently running (arround 40, lol).

i have a question though. where do i find the bench names? there should be an xml in defs/thingdefs folder with the name in the xml am i right?

notfood

Quote from: eskoONE on August 03, 2016, 09:28:13 AM
i have a question though. where do i find the bench names? there should be an xml in defs/thingdefs folder with the name in the xml am i right?

You need to open the xml file, inside you will find a:
<ThingDef ... >
     <defName>This_is_the_name_you_are_looking_for</defName>
</ThingDef>

Quote from: Serenity on August 03, 2016, 09:23:20 AMThere are other things that I'd like to see moved though. Coolers are basically AC units and could be easily moved. Solar panels too maybe. And sandbags

You can add them easily, paste this into a .xml file in the MiniaturisationDefs folder:
<Defs>
    <Miniaturisation.MiniaturisationDef>
        <defName>MiniaturisationCoreExtra</defName>
        <requiredMod>Core</requiredMod>
        <targetsDefNames>
            <li>Cooler</li>
            <li>SolarGenerator</li>
            <li>Sandbags</li>
        </targetsDefNames>
    </Miniaturisation.MiniaturisationDef>
</Defs>

Serenity

Elysium

Here is what I have done so far, it isn't much but I thought I'd contribute anyway.  Unfortunately the authors of Medical Training and Modular Tables choose to include the mod version in the modName, which means this will become incompatible with updates to those mods, but it is easy enough to fix on your own.  I'm not aware of any way around this.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

eskoONE

i pushed a pull request on github for some mods. also added a few things to core. ignore them if u dont like to add support for those things.

first time ever using github. so if i did something wrong pls bare with me and tell me how to do it properly.

also i tested the new version and it seems it fixes the issue with rebuilding things and save exiting game. gj on that!

notfood

Posted a new thread, congrats everyone. Miniaturisation Overloaded

Steam comes next.