Trouble Installing Mods (Steam Version)

Started by Wubs4Scrubs, July 24, 2016, 01:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wubs4Scrubs

I've been attempting to mod RimWorld (the steam version) and I've been having some issues. I am running windows and was attempting to download the SK Hardcore mod pack from the Nexus Mods website. I didn't download any of the optional stuff yet, I just wanted to see if I could get the main 3.0 Cataclysm plus pack working. I followed the steps listed on multiple guides both on Nexus and on the RimWorld wiki which was to download the mods and unzip them. Find the LocalLow and delete all files within the LocalLow -> Ludeon Studios -> RimWorld -> Config, then copy the ModsConfig.xml from the Hardcore SK modpack over to the config area. Then I copied all the unzipped mods over to Steam -> steamapps -> common -> RimWorld -> Mods. I replaced the Core that was already present as the modpack had one in it as well. Upon launching the game however, I am greeted with the usual background and the periods loading, but when the InitializingInterface pops up the screen goes to black. The game doesn't necessarily crash, however any further attempts to get back into the game just result in the black screen. If anybody can give me pointers on what I did wrong, or if some conflict is causing it please feel free to do so. I'd appreciate any advice y'all have to offer, thanks!

Latta

SK Pack's not even for A14. It's for A13.

Seriously, be more careful and make sure the mod you are trying to use is for the version of the game you have.

Since SK completely trashes your install (by touching files in the core mod directly which no mod, not even modpacks should do), you will need to completely delete your RimWorld install and re-install it.

(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.