[A18] Phi - Multiplayer interactions between colonies

Started by Longwelwind, July 24, 2016, 02:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

The reason why i think this community is awesome :op

Nickvr628

I just sent a random person about 60 stone chunks.

MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

I can sense the trolling coming when I send all the crappy clothing from the last raid to my neighbor.

Renven

Could you put this on steam? i don't mod so i did not read the workshop terms of service, so i really don't know if you can

Janlasse

How to fuck off RimWorlder:
Send them literally hundreds of stones.

StyleDragonLP

could you make a tutorial on how to make a server because i dont get it i cant find a position for a ip or something else

Raccoon

Is this Compatible with other Mods? So i coud send Titanium?

I had a similar idea even, but im not so good in coding so i gave up. Great Work btw.

Do you think we coud send "Raids" or "Traders" to other People? So we choose the People and an Event woud start at the other Person? 

Goodman854

Your "PhiServer" just says. Launching server for 0.0.0.0 on port 16180. Is there a config file I'm missing for this?

ithikari

Everyone is talking about sending stone to others.

I just want to send the corpses of my enemies to my friends.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Canute on July 25, 2016, 05:21:00 AM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on July 24, 2016, 05:32:00 PM
@Longwelwind
Ahhh I never even thought about players enabling the Dev Command. Do you think you could add a way to disable it? Or a way to restrict parts of the dev mode so players can't cheat?
I don't think you can disable it.
Maybe your Mod need to monitor this, and set a "cheat" flag to the current colony of that user.
But when a user realy want to cheat with the Dev mode he just need to disable the mod before, add the items, and reenable the mod.

Honestly dont bother trying to stop cheating in a mod, you will lose, if someone really wants to cheat there is not much you can do to stop them. You might be able to block some ways, but I doubt you can get them all.

Even if you block  Dev Command, which you might be able to do using CCL detours, there are mods that can make it easier to get items, you could easily make a mod that gives you however many you want at the touch of a button, You might be able to use a WhiteList of mods, but that will get annoying to update, and some one could rename their cheat mod to one on the white list.

After you send resources is there anything stooping me from loading a previous saved game and sending the same resources again, over and over?

While we are at it all the saved games are in unencrypted XML, so it is not hard to edit in whatever I want. That is before even looking at memory editing.

You could limit the items that you can send through, to so many every hour to cut down on trolling ability. But stopping people from cheating is a lost cause.

LustrousWolf

skullywag

Quote from: ithikari on July 25, 2016, 02:28:10 AM

This is gonna become a Rimworld thing.....i know it....

Personally im sending you all organs.....lots and lots of organs.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Longwelwind

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 25, 2016, 05:47:17 AM
Quote from: Canute on July 25, 2016, 05:21:00 AM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on July 24, 2016, 05:32:00 PM
@Longwelwind
Ahhh I never even thought about players enabling the Dev Command. Do you think you could add a way to disable it? Or a way to restrict parts of the dev mode so players can't cheat?
I don't think you can disable it.
Maybe your Mod need to monitor this, and set a "cheat" flag to the current colony of that user.
But when a user realy want to cheat with the Dev mode he just need to disable the mod before, add the items, and reenable the mod.

Honestly dont bother trying to stop cheating in a mod, you will lose, if someone really wants to cheat there is not much you can do to stop them. You might be able to block some ways, but I doubt you can get them all.

Even if you block  Dev Command, which you might be able to do using CCL detours, there are mods that can make it easier to get items, you could easily make a mod that gives you however many you want at the touch of a button, You might be able to use a WhiteList of mods, but that will get annoying to update, and some one could rename their cheat mod to one on the white list.

After you send resources is there anything stooping me from loading a previous saved game and sending the same resources again, over and over?

While we are at it all the saved games are in unencrypted XML, so it is not hard to edit in whatever I want. That is before even looking at memory editing.

You could limit the items that you can send through, to so many every hour to cut down on trolling ability. But stopping people from cheating is a lost cause.

Pretty much this.
I can't stop players from cheating since everything is client-side.

Quote from: skullywag on July 25, 2016, 07:04:26 AM
Quote from: ithikari on July 25, 2016, 02:28:10 AM

This is gonna become a Rimworld thing.....i know it....

Personally im sending you all organs.....lots and lots of organs.

Some men just want to watch Rimworld burns.

Jdalt40

Hey Longwelwind, is it possible to make the online list scrollable? I can't trade with some people due to the popularity of the server! :D

Longwelwind

Quote from: Goodman854 on July 25, 2016, 12:54:39 AM
Your "PhiServer" just says. Launching server for 0.0.0.0 on port 16180. Is there a config file I'm missing for this?

There's nothing to configure at the moment. If it says that, then you just need to connect to the IP of your server (localhost if it is on your server). You may need to configure your firewall or the ports of your router to let other players connect to your server.

Quote from: awsomeknight96000 on July 24, 2016, 09:39:26 PM
Could you put this on steam? i don't mod so i did not read the workshop terms of service, so i really don't know if you can

I'll try to make a new version tonight, I'll try to set it up on Steam if it is not too difficult.

The K

This is incredible. The trading and trolling is already incredibly fun. I can only imagine how much fun it will be once we can send our boomalopes or pre-psychotic vatgrown assassins to others. This mod has single-handedly changed Rimworld completely for me.