[A18] Phi - Multiplayer interactions between colonies

Started by Longwelwind, July 24, 2016, 02:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Technically it should be possible I guess to wrap up some pawns that you want to send with their kit and have them spawn as a raid the other end....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Zhakir

Your all posting like preventing cheaters & Trolls would be a problem.

Sure the game is client side and thereby cheaters can dev mode whatever they want.

Lets make it way more simple.
Make the Recipent.  The one Recieving the cargo.
Get an EVENT WINDOW where he can Accept or Refuse the "Trade"
The trade window should also displays what is being sent as text and thereby the recipent can decide themselves.

& If the recipent refuses the Cargo the game "attempts" to send the cargo back to sender. If unable to do it then it just deletes the cargo.

Im a Steam user and only made an Account to help out with this with my own thought i had.
I might stick around though :) (probably)

kutch

Excellent mod and I like the premise so far...

However, for non steam players (such as myself), is there a way to change the name from ??? to something meaningful?  At the time I'm posting this there were two of us...  At least two....

Thanks, and I look forward to see how this'll progress in the future!

Jdalt40

Hey I found a bug with this mod while playing, sending jade will send the actual ore block instead so you get 30 times the amount of what you actually sent

Longwelwind

New version, namely v0.5 !
It is mainly bug fixes for the current features. The only new feature is the checkbox in the main menu to prevent players from sending you items.

CCL is now required to run Phi.
Download and patch notes is available here

tiba666

Quote from: Longwelwind on July 25, 2016, 02:48:40 PM
It is mainly bug fixes for the current features. The only new feature is the checkbox in the main menu to prevent players from sending you items.

so is it easier to make a server now ? ^^

MarcTheMerc

Could this be set up to work on a Lan server like hamachi for a group of friends?
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Schorschie

Peterowsky

I don't usually post on the forum, but this is a special case;
You are a legend, and holy shit we need to get Tynan on the phone to help you work through this.

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: MarcTheMerc on July 25, 2016, 03:18:28 PM
Could this be set up to work on a Lan server like hamachi for a group of friends?

I asked this yesterday already, and the answer was that it should work fine over lan (with or without hamachi)

Longwelwind

Quote from: MarcTheMerc on July 25, 2016, 03:18:28 PM
I haven't tried myself, but normally, you shouldn't run into any problem.

Quote from: tiba666 on July 25, 2016, 03:07:35 PM
Quote from: Longwelwind on July 25, 2016, 02:48:40 PM

so is it easier to make a server now ? ^^
It fixed a bug that was in the previous version.
Normally, you should just execute the .exe on the server. If you or your friends can't connect to your server, check firewall and ports.

winowmak3r

This is amazing! Multiplayer Rimworld has always been one of those things a lot of people wanted but no one could really figure out a way for it to work. A few of my friends who bought the game will be all over this once it gets a little more fleshed out. We love to play co-op games and Rimworld not having co-op was a real bummer. This is really promising and I hope you continue to improve it!

Puerpul

Simply amazing. I hope to see more than chit-chating and sending stuff in the future. :)

Goodman854

Ok I opened the ports as you recommend. But sometimes when someone joins the second player who joins wont have a name or be able to type or send items. Effectively making them not exist. I haven't tried the new update yet but hopefully it fix's that.

SourceVG

Really cool! When my internship ends in two weeks I would love to help contribute to this project if permitted. I have programming and networking experience.