[A18] Phi - Multiplayer interactions between colonies

Started by Longwelwind, July 24, 2016, 02:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sefin_88

i seem to be connected but i cant send any text in the server caht.  Any clue as to why?  The debug gave me an error of "attempting to connect as ?.?.?.?"

Ellionas

Oh yeah ! At last a beginning of multiplayer on the Rimworld. Big thanks Sir !

Sandyyy

Where is Tynan now?

By the way, A WILD Emu Maniac appeared on your server...
sent me 17K of Fert. Eggs ;-;
Colonists would be a Selling Commodity. Some times I kill my own crew just to have a less mouth to eat. Yes, that seems a little psychopath...

sefin_88

anyone else having the problem with not being able to send chat in the server chat.  I can see several people chatting and even send items.  Just cant chat.

Longwelwind

A new version is available, it just adds a scroll bar for the user list.

Quote from: sefin_88 on July 30, 2016, 05:58:14 PM
anyone else having the problem with not being able to send chat in the server chat.  I can see several people chatting and even send items.  Just cant chat.

I tried to find a possible cause for the bug, but I can't figure it out what could cause this. Is there a message in Debug Log saying "A packet was sent ChatMessagePacket" when you try to send a message ?
Do you click on the button to send a message (and not hitting enter, for example) ?

sefin_88

Im not getting the "a packet was sent ChatMessagePacket"  but I am recieving all the packets....maybe I have a firewall issue on my end.  I am playing from Kuwait on public internet....

nightmarenight

popster99

Mother of god someone finally did this after all the talk and discussions we have had about since alpha 7 or so

Zhakir

I have a request for this mod.  Version Numbers.

That is all.

YoruOokami

Pillow Fort

seems like there is a max number of users it can display...
either that or long names taking up multiple lines is causing some names to get left out.

Nictis

God, with this I can finally justify a Psycho-Cannibal colony...

"It's for a good cause doc, we're gonna send that heart over to our friends!"

Longwelwind

Update v0.7 is live !
It is mainly an improvement of the transmission of colonists. They keeps a lot more characteristics (physics, backstory, skills, traits, gear and inventory). The only thing that isn't transmitted is the health state. The game now asks you to accept items or colonists before sending them to you.
Full changelog is available here

You can download the new version via the links in the first post or via the Steam Workshop.

A listing of servers handled by an other player is available for those who want to make their own server and "advertize" it. There's even an RP server for those who are interested.

Jdalt40

Hey Longwelwind, there is a error with your latest update, I just copied out the whole log from when it started: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PhiClient.UserConnectedPacket.OnDeserializedCallback (StreamingContext c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationCallbacks.Invoke (System.Collections.ArrayList list, System.Object target, StreamingContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationCallbacks.RaiseOnDeserialized (System.Object target, StreamingContext contex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.RaiseOnDeserializedEvent (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.RaiseDeserializationEvent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadNextObject (System.IO.BinaryReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadObjectGraph (BinaryElement elem, System.IO.BinaryReader reader, Boolean readHeaders, System.Object& result, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Header[]& headers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.NoCheckDeserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PhiClient.Packet.Deserialize (System.Byte[] data, PhiClient.RealmData realmData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PhiClient.PhiClient.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I don't know what it is but it is causing problems as I can not connect to the server
EDIT: Nvm about that, I had to restart the mod multiple times :D
How many times do I have to edit this?: The error happened again, I cannot connect to any servers while the error is happening... Weird

Longwelwind