[A18] Phi - Multiplayer interactions between colonies

Started by Longwelwind, July 24, 2016, 02:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

Is there any way for a designation to change where the supplies come in and drop? It's happened where stuff lands where I don't want it to, like a solar panel or geothermal power plant.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Arretu

What version of mono is the server after?

Running 4.62, and getting the following error

WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
Using default runtime: v4.0.30319
Launching server for x.x.x.x on port 16180

1/13/2017 6:26:30 PM|Fatal|WebSocketServer.receiveRequest|System.Threading.ThreadAbortException
                             at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Net.Sockets.Socket:Accept_internal (intptr,int&,bool)
                             at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Accept_internal (System.Net.Sockets.SafeSocketHandle safeHandle, System.Int32& error, System.Boolean blocking) [0x0000c] in <5071a6e4a4564e19a2eda0f53e42f9bd>:0
                             at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Accept () [0x00008] in <5071a6e4a4564e19a2eda0f53e42f9bd>:0
                             at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.AcceptTcpClient () [0x00016] in <5071a6e4a4564e19a2eda0f53e42f9bd>:0
                             at WebSocketSharp.Server.WebSocketServer.receiveRequest () [0x00012] in <38d3cef14c5a4fc9a92de0991034bc1a>:0

Not used mono before, so probably me just doing something hilariously wrong. Any suggestions?

Edit: nevermind, got it sorted. For those who come after me you need to be using Mono 3.12.x. I used this handy guide to get that sorted. It seems to have been written by One of Us™.

The only change I had to make to that guide was adding /. to the end of the url when adding the apt repositories. Mostly posting this in the hoped the guide maker might see it, sorry.

echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.12.0/. main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list

Might be worth adding a mention of some of this to the 1st post.

Senio

this mod will update?
If update I can support a high speed server run phi server , FreeBSD or Linux or Windows server  :P

Iwillbenicetou

Is there any way for you to code in a moderator or admin? I've witnessed several people spamming in the chat, or just saying emoji's. Would be great to moderate this.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

MarineStardust

so do you have to have the server thing installed for the phi multiplayer to happen and the client zip, is it like a regular rimworld mod where you install it then start up a new colony like normal

Thyme

You unzip the client, place it in your mod directory like any other mod, activate it and enjoy Phi =)

Server is only need if you want to host it. Dunno how to set that up tho
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

ChaosOverlord

You shouldn't have to do anything to host a server except for the expected port forwarding (if it's not LAN-only).

Problem is I can't get it to work anymore. It worked in A15 but I can't get anyone to connect to it now that this mod has been updated to A16. Maybe it's just the other persons computer...but whenever they try to connect to my server, my server just prints an error message.

zer02

Excellent idea, but I have a question concerning gameplay - what will happen and what the settler will receive another player if I send him a settler, with implants of mod Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering (EPOE)?

PS
I think..
If another player has this mod, he will get my settler, just as I sent it to him.
But what will happen to the settler, if the other player does not EPOE mod ?

I apologize in advance for my conversation (I use a translator)

Thyme

As far as I know, the health status of the colonist will be reset. So, all diseases, prosthetics, drug addictions will be removed and lost body parts magically grow back.

I don't know for sure though, because I have never used that feature so far.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Longwelwind

v0.11 is out !
Not a lot of big feature, just some QoL improvements and some limitations to the nicknames & messages to avoid spamming & a unreadable chat.

DaemonDeathAngel

The name limit has kinda screwed a lot of people, as many of us used nicknames to show what we were selling/trading.

Edit: Also, I have started receiving this bug since the update.

https://gist.github.com/8bbb965268ee135d7465111fb3677037

DaemonDeathAngel

Update on the error I receive. Doesn't matter if I use Steam or the stand alone version.

https://hastebin.com/afewucisiv.pas

lancelot

First, I would like to thank you all for your great work on this mod.

I have 2 suggestions :

• wouldn't it be nice if chat between players would be available only after having build a telecommunication antenna (like the one for ship trading)?
  • also, why not use the pod system for trading? or at least make it available only after having discover pod launching technology?

virtux

Great !
So great mod / patch or anything about multiplayer in rim
thanks for great work

blub01

Quote from: LustrousWolf on July 24, 2016, 04:46:25 PM
This mod will be mostly unbalanced though am I right? Since players start at different times. Meaning A player could of spent 10 hours on a server. Have over 5000 plasteel charge rifles and power armor, and then a new player joins and that first player can send the second player say 2500 plasteel 3 charge rifles and 3 power armor sets and they have an easy ride through the game. Maybe there should be some limits as to how much you can send and a time limit where it has to recharge?

EDIT: Also, I assume this mod will not work with any mods, as all players need the core game to play without problems with other players on the server? And can the server work if all players have the same mods on that server?

I think it is better if you just keep rimworld multiplayer a private matter for now - get the tech working before you worry about balancing and let the players decide if they want to exploit something or not.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.