[A18] Phi - Multiplayer interactions between colonies

Started by Longwelwind, July 24, 2016, 02:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanobytez

Will there be a fix for the chat becoming out of focus anytime someone joins or leaves?

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Wafflerim on September 09, 2017, 05:52:43 AM
So uh, I've been having a bit of a problem, the server decides to not send my messages or anyone's messages to me. The chat literally freezes, and sometimes it disconnects.
It's the server crashing. He has given up on this mod except to update it
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Artorias

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 16, 2017, 04:46:23 PM
Quote from: Wafflerim on September 09, 2017, 05:52:43 AM
So uh, I've been having a bit of a problem, the server decides to not send my messages or anyone's messages to me. The chat literally freezes, and sometimes it disconnects.
It's the server crashing. He has given up on this mod except to update it

Look at the good side, at least he updates this awesome mod and keep the server going!
You know, if I ever get shipwrecked I really hope I am the only survivor that plays Rimworld.

OmegaX123

Awesome, maybe the Yogscast will see it and take the suggestion from their suggestion thread and do a 'quasi-multiplayer' Rimworld stream for their December charity streams/Jingle Jam this year.

thundyuk

Jdalt40

Pretty sure that wouldn't be possible, since it's a server, you could be trading stuff that doesn't exist anymore.

TryB4Buy

This might sound strange, but is there any way to send resources/colonists to a null game for a few minutes and then retreive them? Basically I want to use Phi to initiate a New Game+. I'm aware I could ask another player politely to just resend everything I send him in a few minutes, but it might be asking a lot of time/clicks from a stranger.

Unfortunately the only way to change scenarios/world maps is to start a new game. Without Phi, the only way to NG+ is by manually adding back similar items/pawns.

thundyuk

Sorry if this is in here somewhere - but how does Phi determine the location of the drops when sending or is it just random?

Onasaki

I'm having some issues. I'd like to run a server for my friends, but I'm getting the 'version' error, and I don't seem to know how to fix it where is the .xml I need to edit for the version?

Could the install/running options be broken down in to laymen's terms? It's very confusing, on one hand it says "Just drop it into the mod folder" but there's multiple files. Do I use the client, or the master?
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

henk

Anyone knows how can I compile my own version from Github?

TwistedSoul

Just FYI, If people only want to trade with others e.g. 24/7 Marketplace, you can try my mod: GlitterWorld Prime

It's run from a dedicated central server in London, UK.

Lizardo

http://apatheticagnostic.com/ourchurch/intro.html
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ominous-Parallels-Freedom-America/dp/0452011175

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. - abbot Arnaud Amalric prior to the Massacre at Béziers

YoruOokami

Currently amazingly, seeing as the main server for phi has been down for 2-3 days.

Longwelwind

A new version has been released (v0.14), it should some of the "hacks" that some people experience during the week. It also adds animal trading, thanks to thomotron.