[B18]DESurgeries - 06/12/17

Started by kaptain_kavern, July 24, 2016, 04:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want/need an A17 version?

Yes
No

kaptain_kavern

Short answer : Like BlackSmokeDMax said it really doesn't matter. You can put them in any order.

Long/technical answer : EPOE  use a modified Human_Races.XML files to link possible surgeries to any humanoid in the game. Here I use the recipes value to link them directly to the humanoid type. They can't override values between each other.

On another hand, I'd appreciate feedbacks about the new surgeries difficulty  setting please.

Pay attention to the fact that the quality of the room, beds and surgeon's skills takes more importance for each steps of the 4 types of surgeries (easy ones should be doable in nearly condition, but you don't want to try a very hard ones in a bad lighted, dirty room with an unskilled surgeon/doctor)

Gfurst

Anyone knows if this is compatible with Skullywag extended surgery mod? https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0
Or if it does replace its functionality?
QuoteMoves frail and badback to spine and makes spines and other parts able to have surgery and be removed (pelvis eyes, ears, noes etc)and replaced.
One thing that should matter from above, is that cronic moves to the spine.

kaptain_kavern

Hi Gfurst,

From what i've seen in Skully's code you should be ok running both (in fact i had forgot this one during my compatibility tests ^^ )

The treatments in DESurgeries directly aim at the "effect" where ever it is located.

One thing that can came out weird may be cost difference between somewhat similar treatments

Does Skully's mod actually permit to harvest say a leg?

dismar

after poking around this mod, i can't believe how easy it was to write simple recipes that remove the hediffs lol

GJ tho Kap.

Warforyou

After updating I still have my doctors with 18 medicine skill fail to sedate a patient even though it's now completely clean and lit hospital beds on sterile tiles :(

Sarelth

Does your Doctor have issues with illness or lose a hand or something that might lower manipulation?

Warforyou

Quote from: Sarelth on July 31, 2016, 05:41:46 AM
Does your Doctor have issues with illness or lose a hand or something that might lower manipulation?

I think he had a finger loss so his manipulation was 90%. But that's just insane that you have to have hospital bed+clean room (sterile tiles)+lamps+20 medicine doctor+no scars/manipulation  100+% just to make an injection. Actually tried to repair his finger with another 18 medicine doctor who also failed and cut his hand off...

UPD
Damn, actually I think I have an idea of what's going on, let me test a bit...

UPDUPD
I thought that the actual "cleanliness" of entire room may be taken in consideration and not just the "cleanliness" of adjanced blocks wich would actually be less cause I kept my hospital unseparated. Now it is 0.31 "clean" (I guess this means it's overclean xD) but still my doctors suck on all the surgeries from this mod and can't even rapair fingers or sedate :(

kaptain_kavern

Yes it's the cleanliness value of the entire room that matter. But from my tests and people other-than-you saying, everything seems to work as intended. It must came from something on your end.

Have you erased the folder completely prior to updates? Does the problem still while launching only this mod?

Also here is a post with precise informations about success rate in surgeries

Warforyou

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 31, 2016, 09:36:41 AM
Yes it's the cleanliness value of the entire room that matter. But from my tests and people other-than-you saying, everything seems to work as intended. It must came from something on your end.

Have you erased the folder completely prior to updates? Does the problem still while launching only this mod?

Also here is a post with precise informations about success rate in surgeries

I don't see much replies on succes rate. Maybe you are getting it wrong. How do I calculate chances on easy/normal surgery? What do you think it should be in sterile lit hospital on hospital bed with 120% manipulation 19 medicine doctor with normal and glitterworld medicine?

Man232

Hello!
Dear creator of this mod, could you please add Russian translation to your mod?

--upd--
The translation on Russian language is already available.

kaptain_kavern

I have to search how to prepare the mod for other language but i will do. The only thing i can't do is speak Russian actually ;) We have to rely on somebody who does.  But if someone give me the translation i'll integer it in the mod

Man232

url: https://yadi.sk/d/iwHCSnogtpTy3

Автор перевода: Man232
Помощь в переводе: Desert Rain (https://vk.com/public125309740)

Спасибо!

kaptain_kavern

Man232

The main translator I, helped my Desert Rain

RU: Man232 and Desert Rain

kaptain_kavern