[B18]DESurgeries - 06/12/17

Started by kaptain_kavern, July 24, 2016, 04:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want/need an A17 version?

Yes
No

kaptain_kavern

In order to release the 1.0 version I started from :
DESurgeries mod (originally by DarknessEyes) + tweaks from Aristocat's Medical Complication Mod Pack

Quote from: the readme
    Adds new surgeries to Rimworld.

•         Possibility to sedate patient in order to make him stay in bed Now in the base game
  •         2 cosmetic surgeries: Ear and Nose
  •         9 chronic surgeries: Bad back, Frail, Cataract, Hearing loss, Dementia, Alzheimers, Asthma, Cirrhosis and Heart artery blockage
  •         12 injury surgeries: Burn, Crush, Crack, Cut, Surgical cut, Scratch, Bite, Stab, Gunshot, Shredded, Bruise, Frostbite
  •         2 Parasite surgeries : Muscle Parasite, Gut Worms
  •         12 bone/limb surgeries: Finger, Toe, Mandible, Pelvis, Clavicles, Sternum, Ribs, Radius, Humerus, Femur, Tibia and Spine

B18 On Github :
(Click on DESurgeries.zip)

B18 On the Steam Workshop :

Very Important Disclaimer :
In case of updating from a prior version, please be sure to completely erase the DESurgeries folder BEFORE adding the new one

I want to say a big thank you to Kyos - Even if you don't know why ;) - I managed the EPOE compatibility after reading some of your comments and browsing through the code of Mechanite Augmentation Project.

And everyone who participate on the Github Issue/Suggestion tracker. (Bluewinds it is only you for now :p)

A big Thank You! to our translator :

• RU : Man232 and Desert Rain
  • FR : Jozay
  • JP : Proxyer

123nick

awesome, i didnt realize DEsurgeries was working with A14

edit: is this compatible with ADogSaid?

kaptain_kavern

Yes it is compatible : they will work together but as for now you can't do DESurgeries on animals

I may end up doing another patch for that

kaptain_kavern

Nope and i won't upload any of my mods on Steamworkshop. Sorry for the brutal answer but i don't support the use of SteamWorkshop at all.

Some of the reasons why.

i can provide other link form, like Dropbox and such if Github is a problem though

Sarelth

hagamablabla

I've been having a problem with a certain type of surgeries, including pinky and toe replacements. I can't do these surgeries because it requires materials, but I have more than enough medicine, and I even spawned in some bionic arms/legs to see if that was the problem. What materials do I need for the surgeries?

qurffe

Quote from: hagamablabla on July 26, 2016, 04:53:22 AM
I've been having a problem with a certain type of surgeries, including pinky and toe replacements. I can't do these surgeries because it requires materials, but I have more than enough medicine, and I even spawned in some bionic arms/legs to see if that was the problem. What materials do I need for the surgeries?

There is Full description link check that for what you need. for fingers and toes you need 2 units of medicine (cannot use healroot) and at least lvl 8 in medicine

kaptain_kavern

Also are you sure you have turn on powerful-enough medicine in the health tab of the colonist?

I add this to the to-do list : Make the material requirement visible ingame

Warforyou

Is [sedate] succes chance affected by mood/rest? I had my 16 skill doctor with 102% surgery succes chance fail 8 of 10 attempts destroying ones' lung... Actually he NEVER EVER SUCCEEDED wasting away all of my medicine and letting all my colonists die from plague.

Is it supposed to be that hard?

kaptain_kavern

what? that's weird.
In the code Sedate is set to be an easy surgery (<RecipeDef ParentName="SurgeryEasy">)
And an easy surgery is set like that :

<RecipeDef Name="SurgeryEasy" ParentName="SurgeryFlesh" Abstract="True">
  <surgeonSurgerySuccessChanceExponent>1</surgeonSurgerySuccessChanceExponent>
  <roomSurgerySuccessChanceFactorExponent>2</roomSurgerySuccessChanceFactorExponent>
  <surgerySuccessChanceFactor>0.95</surgerySuccessChanceFactor>
  <deathOnFailedSurgeryChance>0.01</deathOnFailedSurgeryChance>
  <workAmount>2000</workAmount>
  <recipeUsers>
    <li>Human</li>
  </recipeUsers>
  <skillRequirements>
    <li>
      <skill>Medicine</skill>
      <minLevel>5</minLevel>
    </li>
  </skillRequirements>
  </RecipeDef>

So as you can read in the code the base chance of success should be of 95%. Also the room stats (cleanliness, brightness, etc) and obviously the skill of the surgeon should matter. In fact on my play i never saw it missed at all. Did you use any other medical mods ? (maybe there is some odd interaction with another mod)

Fluffe

Ether that or you got the unluckiest doctor in all of rimworld lol