[B18]DESurgeries - 06/12/17

Started by kaptain_kavern, July 24, 2016, 04:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want/need an A17 version?

Yes
No

Jozay

Hey guys,
Thanks for your russian translation, it allowed me to translate the mod in french, very quickly  ;D

French translations :
- Hospitality
- EPOE
- More Vanilla Turret
- Colony Manager
- etc.
Feel free to MP me if you search a translator !
My GitHub repositorie

Man232

Quote from: Jozay on August 02, 2016, 08:22:54 AM
Hey guys,
Thanks for your russian translation, it allowed me to translate the mod in french, very quickly  ;D

But not for that :)
Soon another will be translated to mod. Will be able to take from there.

Чем больше переводов, тем больше людей играет в данные моды :)

ruzackovich

usually i chopped every prisoners legs before they'll cause riots , why now there is no options to do that in the health bill menu ? i use epoe mod too

kaptain_kavern

Because Tynan has removed the options to do that recently. What you can do is install a peg leg and remove it just after ;-)

I'm working on a parallel mod that will readd some options to get actual body parts from dead/corpses (that was not that hard to mod) but It need heavy balancing in order to not get too overpowered (that's actually quite harder) but I'm slowing getting there.

Anyway, hope the peg leg trick will suit you

sefin_88

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 05, 2016, 10:03:20 AM
Because Tynan has removed the options to do that recently. What you can do is install a peg leg and remove it just after ;-)

I'm working on a parallel mod that will readd some options to get actual body parts from dead/corpses (that was not that hard to mod) but It need heavy balancing in order to not get too overpowered (that's actually quite harder) but I'm slowing getting there.

Anyway, hope the peg leg trick will suit you

I could recommend that you have to refrigerate extra body parts and if you were to remove it from a corpse then the corpse should be "fresh" and not rotten.

However having to refrigerate all parts would change the game a lot since right now organs and such do not have to be refrigerated.

Drusek

There is ExtendedSurgery from Skullywag - you can remove some body parts using that. One of them are pelvis and spine - removing on of those also keeps your prisoners in bed ;)

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: sefin_88 on August 07, 2016, 09:48:15 AM
I could recommend that you have to refrigerate extra body parts and if you were to remove it from a corpse then the corpse should be "fresh" and not rotten.
However having to refrigerate all parts would change the game a lot since right now organs and such do not have to be refrigerated.
That's exactly how I have it in mind :p   (Can see my notes and the WIP mod : here)

Quote from: Drusek on August 07, 2016, 11:55:07 AM
There is ExtendedSurgery from Skullywag - you can remove some body parts using that. One of them are pelvis and spine - removing on of those also keeps your prisoners in bed ;)
Can i ask you if you use DESurgeries AND ExtendedSurgery without bugs/errors/duplicates ? you know just searching for bugs BEFORE they bother y'all :p

Drusek

Can i ask you if you use DESurgeries AND ExtendedSurgery without bugs/errors/duplicates ? you know just searching for bugs BEFORE they bother y'all :p
Yes I was using both and didn't notice any problems/weird stuff/etc.

kaptain_kavern

Thanks for the quick reply. I had test those two together before but IR's always good to know. I try to make my mods don't overlap with another

Elysium

Quote from: Drusek on August 07, 2016, 04:31:14 PM
Yes I was using both and didn't notice any problems/weird stuff/etc.

Last time I used DESurgeries and ExtendedSurgery I noticed I could no longer remove spines, I immagine if the load order was reversed you couldn't cure or repair backs either.

kaptain_kavern

That's what i was supposing when i asked earlier ...

Is overlaping surgeries are limited to spine only ?

I'm wondering how i could handle that... What are the specific avantage of ExtendSurgery over DES? Only the harvestable organs ?(did i miss something else?)

Deagroth

Well, Extended Surgery's harvestable organs can be sold or later 'installed' into someone should they lose one.  Can this mod fix organs that have been completely removed? 

For example with Extended Surgery you can harvest the eyes of a prisoner you don't care about and install them into one of your colonists if it was destroyed in a fight which is extremely useful if you don't have synthetic or biomic replacements.  The same for the rest of the organs it has.  So it isn't just a fix for bad/pre-existing health conditions, it can help you recup from combat injuries.

Looking at both mods, yours seems more about -curing- the problems via surgery and ES with fixing the problems via replacing the affected or missing organs.

On a side note, for the mandible/jaw, finger, ear, and nose, does this mod let you completely repair/replace them if they get shot off/destroyed?
Ignorance is a crime, punishable by enlightenment.

Igan

Quote from: Deagroth on August 07, 2016, 10:59:55 PM
Well, Extended Surgery's harvestable organs can be sold or later 'installed' into someone should they lose one.  Can this mod fix organs that have been completely removed? 

For example with Extended Surgery you can harvest the eyes of a prisoner you don't care about and install them into one of your colonists if it was destroyed in a fight which is extremely useful if you don't have synthetic or biomic replacements.  The same for the rest of the organs it has.  So it isn't just a fix for bad/pre-existing health conditions, it can help you recup from combat injuries.

Looking at both mods, yours seems more about -curing- the problems via surgery and ES with fixing the problems via replacing the affected or missing organs.

On a side note, for the mandible/jaw, finger, ear, and nose, does this mod let you completely repair/replace them if they get shot off/destroyed?

For fingers, toes, even a missing ear or nose; you can reconstruct them with the tier 2 medicine and a good doctor.

With DESurgeries and EPOE you can extract every part from your prisoners (except limbs and torso) and patch them for your colonists.

kaptain_kavern

Thx for the insights, folks.
Quote from: Igan on August 08, 2016, 01:11:02 PM
With DESurgeries and EPOE you can extract every part from your prisoners (except limbs and torso) and patch them for your colonists.
That is what I was aiming for with the last update. I haven't take Extend Surgery in the thinking at that moment.

For the limbs : Before A14 (or maybe A13???) they were harvestable in Vanilla. Tynan had removed them because it seemed overpowered (I tend to agree). So re add them as they were isn't something I'm willing to do.

The future mod i'm working on will reintroduce limb harvesting but for a real mitigating cost/drawback :p

ruzackovich

yup, i agree with that , that's a higher risk things to do. mostly i kill them ,but i need them alive, so chopping is the simplest things, ha ha :D (sounds extremely )