[B18]DESurgeries - 06/12/17

Started by kaptain_kavern, July 24, 2016, 04:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want/need an A17 version?

Yes
No

Fisty

Yeah that's what I did..  I'll let a few days pass in game and see if the immunity % moves at all.

Vakturion

Might be a little silly, but how long dose the anaesthesia last for when sedating a patient?

And can I forcefully wake the person up?

Thanks!

He just woke up. Sorry, thought I might have "killed" him for a second :P

Ledaren

deathstar

Is there a chance for a Steam-Workshop release with an updated a15 version?

kaptain_kavern

Like Ledaren  said the mod doesn't  anything for A15 except change the version tag in the about.xml file.  I am updating all my mods right now. I will post updates as soon as finished this evening

Galvenox

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Galvenox on August 31, 2016, 07:06:02 AM
Quote from: deathstar on August 30, 2016, 11:04:26 AM
or at all?

Hi,
Like I stated earlier I will not use the Steam Workshop at all for releasing my mods. Long story short : I find it poorly done regarding mod-updates-managing, this leading to broken savegames. That's why I don't want to promote or endorse the use of it at all.

That being said with have a great community around this game, so if a serious and reliable person is willing to upload them on the Steam Workshop I have no ?ego? problems with that as long as :

• it is plainly written and clearly understandable that "the mod author will never look at steam comments or threads - so please use Github or Ludeon's forum thread for suggestions/issues" (or something similar)
  • it is also clear in your head that I can't help you directly with Steam WS features as I haven't Rimworld on Steam

Best Regards  8)

deathstar

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 31, 2016, 05:47:11 PM
Quote from: Galvenox on August 31, 2016, 07:06:02 AM
Quote from: deathstar on August 30, 2016, 11:04:26 AM
or at all?

Hi,
Like I stated earlier I will not use the Steam Workshop at all for releasing my mods. Long story short : I find it poorly done regarding mod-updates-managing, this leading to broken savegames. That's why I don't want to promote or endorse the use of it at all.

That being said with have a great community around this game, so if a serious and reliable person is willing to upload them on the Steam Workshop I have no ?ego? problems with that as long as :

• it is plainly written and clearly understandable that "the mod author will never look at steam comments or threads - so please use Github or Ludeon's forum thread for suggestions/issues" (or something similar)
  • it is also clear in your head that I can't help you directly with Steam WS features as I haven't Rimworld on Steam

Best Regards  8)

Thank you for replying! I've taken the liberty to upload the mod myself. Please check the Workshop-page here and tell me if the description and the added disclaimers are satisfactory. I took some screenshots myself to function as the mod's thumbnail, if you'd like other promotional material here I will replace them as soon as possible.

kaptain_kavern

Perfect !  ;)

Thank you for doing this (it was the most requested for Steam release of my mods actually). I will add the link on the OP too.

About that, am I understanding right : for each new alphas you would have to create another "item" on the workshop? (in order to avoid the auto-update to mess with the save?) (If yes I will use a steam logo as a link  :P )

Anyway thanks again,
and knowing me, I will probably sometimes look at comments out there too. But for each new mods I released that make another channel of communication to survey and I will end up with less time to code/mod  ::) (I have several other projects on-going btw)

deathstar

Absolutely no problem. And yeah, the way I see it is the whole workshop problem is caused by the automatic updates. So one way of solving the issue is for users to unsubscribe from a mod and reinstall it when it updates, but Steam doesn't offer much information as to when which file was updated. This also means there is no rollback-function.
This is why I think the best solution is to upload every version of the mod as its own item. This way, no existing game is being messed with and there is always the older version in case you want to continue with an old savegame. Workarounds, for sure, but hopefully the best experience for users.

kaptain_kavern

Ok thanks. It looks like it is how others have suggested too.
Anyway I'll leave it into your hands :P

Original post Updated BTW

Serenity

Is the point of the surgeries to do them when the body part is completely destroyed? For example I had just a pawn take a charge lance to spine, but after a normal treatment he could somehow walk again after an hour (those meds are some strong stuff). So why operate on him?

It would be nice to combine this with a general overhaul to make injuries last noticeably longer.

hypnoshadow

hey i might have a bug?
im running alpha version 15.1282
ive tested this with only your mod if i cure anything on a colonist it permanently beds them even after the anesthetic runs out they cant get up,the only way i found around that is to injure them a little and have the doctor heal that,after that they get up.

face

I'm having the same bug that hypnoshadow is experiencing. I'm also running 15.1282