Infestations not affected by fallout?

Started by bchbum16, July 24, 2016, 11:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bchbum16

Hey everyone!
I am not sure if this is intended or not, but while I was playing I had a toxic fallout event occur. No big deal I usually prep for this and brought everyone in doors. Then my mine area became infested. I had the area sealed to the outside so that I could easily forbid anyone going in to the mine in case of an infestation. I figured that I could just deal with the infestation by dismantling the door and allowing it to become "outside" space. Much to my dismay the bugs seemed to be unaffected by toxic fallout. No initial buildup or anything. Are they supposed to be immune to toxic fallout? In which case cool, added challenge to this specific scenario, Or is this a bug? Anyone else notice anything?

Scaphismus

Toxic fallout only effects things that are not under a roof. Being in an "outdoor" area isn't enough, the space must be unroofed as well. If you look really close, you can see the fallout raining down. It looks like really faint snow.

So yeah, infestations are more or less immune to fallout, as they only spawn under roofs that cannot be removed. I'm not sure if the bugs receive toxic buildup if you can lure them out into the open, though I expect that they would.

bchbum16

Ah I didn't realize that! I just thought if they were outside then they would be affected. Thanks!