Illness based on medical knowledge.

Started by Crowbar Felt, July 25, 2016, 01:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowbar Felt

A more 'realistic' approach to sickness. You wouldn't be able to tell what you had until a fully trained doctor checked you, right?

As an example : [So-so] is feeling ill. They will seek out a medical bed or lay down in their own to be diagnosed by a doctor. Or, with a trait like hard-worker or similar they will continue working. A low level doctor would mis-diagnose their illness and treat for something else. This does not completely ruin the healing but may extend their time of bed rest. If your doctor is high enough level, they can diagnose it correctly and cure it correctly, like how we have it now.
No matter what level or diagnose, Glitter World medicine will always treat it correctly. Regular meds and Xerigum will be affected by diagnosed illness.
(Infection will not be affected. I think most could see what an infection looks like.)

Personally, I feel this would be good to add because you could see your doctor's skill actually to work other than good bandaging and such. Also, could add sort of a house call doctor system to tend to sick colonists. That, and it feels more physically in the world other than a mood debuff that just appears and you know what it is right away.

TL;DR : Illness needs to be diagnosed by trained doctor or cure ineffective.
Someone's organ harvested.  x5

mumblemumble

Eh, this I doubt. One, it wouldn't be very fun, and 2, people diagnose themselves accurately all the time if they know what they are doing. This said, I wish a good diet with quality food helped recovery.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.