How to Store Hops?

Started by C_antonin01, July 25, 2016, 03:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_antonin01

Apparently hops need to be stored in a cold environment but for the life of me I can't find them in the list that appears under the "storage" button in the stockpile zone, so I can specify that they be placed only in a cold stockpile.  I have to be doing something wrong because i searched these forums and it doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem. 

So where can I find "hops" under the Storage list?

b0rsuk

It's under 'raw resources', not food.

Also unless you plant to store it for more than a few seasons don't bother cooling it. It uses a lot of space, but deteriorates much faster than spoils so it's just important to put it indoors. If cooling is an issue brew beer out of it, you will save storage space too. One tile of beer is equivalent to 25 * 5 = 125 hops.

FatMan

Plus beer doesn't have to be cooled.  At least, not since i last checked.
But nobody wants to drink warm beer.

Wex

That depends on the type of beer you're drinking.
The dirty water they have in the USA, sure, drink it ice cold.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Shurp

Which reminds me, why is Rimworld beer manufactured 5 at a time?  Who ever heard of a 5 pack?  Beer is supposed to come in 6 packs!!!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

TheFlameTouched

The pawn doing the brewing liberates a bottle for their hard work :P

MsMeiriona

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on July 25, 2016, 06:23:35 PM
This.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on July 25, 2016, 06:23:35 PM

Headcanon accepted.

C_antonin01

I played again after getting home today and sure enough, Hops was right there on the raw resources list.  I don't know why I didn't see it there before other than I saw the "Gold, Plasteel, etc." in that section and so just skipped over it.

Havan_IronOak

Yeah I had to search for hops more than once when it was first added.

Btw Tynan, the game's chief developer, is Canadian so beer at room temperature is probably fine by him.

Naeem

Quote from: Shurp on July 25, 2016, 06:13:03 PM
Which reminds me, why is Rimworld beer manufactured 5 at a time?  Who ever heard of a 5 pack?  Beer is supposed to come in 6 packs!!!
Shurp your the best man :') Humor. I love it !!!