Ordering your pawns to prevent a pets action

Started by Kagemusha12, July 26, 2016, 11:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kagemusha12

Regarding 1:

Say, for example, you see that your dog eats meat that was meant to be an ingredient for fine meals.
And you want to prevent this.

It would be great if you could just order a colonist that he should go to the dog in order to prevent him from performing the action
(so that the dog stops the action and has a certain timeout before he might try this action again)

After all, that is what you would normally do with a pet if you discover it doiung something forbidfden (i.e. preventing it from doing it and scolding it, so it may be more reluctant to do it again ... at least if you are watching)

Regarding 2:
Lets say you want to define a new activity zone which should encompass the whole map, but only leave out a few spots (for example for a dog that should be allowed to roam the whole map, but just should be forbidden to enter the refrigerator) ... it seems like at the moment you have to manually paint the activity zone across the whole map  (which can be a lengthy affair if you use a large map).
It would be great if there were a button that defines a certain activity zone for the whole map ... so that afterwards you just have to manually remove the activity zone from the rooms where said animal shouldn't be allowed to roam
Or alternatively an "Invert activity zone"-Button, so that all "Allowed" spots become "Disallowed" and all "Disallowed spots" become "Allowed" (in this case you would just have to paint an activity zone into the refrigerator, then press "invert activity zone" et voila, now the activity zone allows roaming on the whole map, except the fridge

2nd suggestion (invert an activity zone) is already in game, that leaves us with suggestion 1: Ordwering your pawns to restrain a pet from performing an action

Wex

You do know that you can paint the refrigerator, then reverse the allowed zone with the unallowed, right?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Kagemusha12

Quote from: Wex on July 26, 2016, 11:15:05 AM
You do know that you can paint the refrigerator, then reverse the allowed zone with the unallowed, right?

Well, it's quite obvious that I didn't know it.
Just looked at it ... I don't know how I could overlook the button.  :'(

Well, that leaves the suggestion about keeping pets from performing an action