[A17] Hand 'n' Footwear Mod v1.3 (08/08/2017)

Started by XeoNovaDan, May 09, 2017, 10:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on November 03, 2017, 05:15:57 AM
Woo, necro!

However, the following is a set of mods which probably won't be updated, and why:

Unlikely to update these mods for A18:

• EPOE: Rebalanced - actually depends if Ykara updates EPOE for A18 or not.
  • Hand 'n' Footwear Mod - the items caused stockpile bloat, especially late-game.
  • Vanilla-Friendly Weapon Expansion - blurs the lines of well-distinguished niches in the base game.
  • Visible Pants - while the cosmetic was there, it wasn't consistent; the pawn renderer would probably need to be modified for this to work properly.
  • Simple Plastic - economy balance is going to be tough with A18's changes.

Quoted from Dan's Collection Thread.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

PGMP1979

Well i hope its updated. My fingers and toes will thank it a lot ! :D

Nightinggale

There are mods to deal with the amount of appeal you get in late game. You can burn, extract raw leather, hide in appeal storage, sell etc. I don't think it's a valid reason to not update. In fact I think it should be updated because the alternative is that some unofficial update will appear eventually.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Nightinggale on December 14, 2017, 08:13:00 AM
There are mods to deal with the amount of appeal you get in late game. You can burn, extract raw leather, hide in appeal storage, sell etc. I don't think it's a valid reason to not update. In fact I think it should be updated because the alternative is that some unofficial update will appear eventually.

Where is that unofficial update now? 😭
Bleeeee. . . . .

SpaceDorf

wwWraith

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 31, 2018, 07:16:59 AM
Here :

[B18] Boots and Gloves
No, my mod is not an update to this one :) It was developed independently (though I've stolen its textures eventually :P ) and I won't going to mess with editing pawns stats and money so it is much simpler (and less likely to cause unbalancing with other mods also editing it). Although I appreciate XeoNovaDan's work and think that his mod could be preferable for many people.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

SpaceDorf

This may be,

but with Dan having stopped supporting his mod you are at least the spiritual successor.  ;D

XeoNovaDan

Kiame

XeoNovaDan
Wanted to ask permission to revive Hands'n'Footware

I know about the other mod Boots and Gloves but TBH i prefer the approach this mod took.

Thank you

XeoNovaDan