[A17]Colorblind Friendly Mod (History Tab Graphs, Restrict Tab)

Started by kaptain_kavern, July 26, 2016, 01:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Colorblind Friendly Mod

Mod description

Change colors in History Tabs Charts and in the Work Planner ("Restrict" button) in order to be more distinguishable

This mod can be added to an existing save

Download on Github :
(Click on Colorblind_Friendly_Charts.A17.zip)

Documentation Used
This mod came from this request on Reddit.

I used information find on this site: Color Universal Design (CUD) - How to make figures and presentations that are friendly to Colorblind people

(especially this chart)

Commentary
I would like to say that I'm glad I saw AxlColeButler suggestion because as a web-developer I will now apply all that I have learned and try to use a barrier-free color pallet. And as human being, it's always rewarding to help somebody ;)

Contribute
Please feel free to contribute to this project : reports errors or suggestions by creating an issue on Github

OrbitalSP3

kaptain_kavern

You're welcome.
In fact for now, i don't even know if the result suit the guy who asked for it. I was just hoping it will be of any help but i'd appreciate feedbacks.
And please please feel free to suggest corrections or other thing to improve/change.

kaptain_kavern

Please just tell me someone if you want an A15 update

kaptain_kavern

Updated to A15 (After reading this on Reddit)

If someone is willing to, please feel free to upload this on the Steam Workshop (as I don't own the game on Steam - I have an account though if you want to add me afterwards)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

kaptain_kavern

Again,
As I'm not color-blind myself, please don't hesitate to give me feedbacks folks!

Matusiak

OrbitalSP3

Rumi♫

That's good work, you're really helping some people

one thing I'm wondering, is it possible to change the colors of "work", "joy" and "sleep" in the "Restrict" tab? To people with tritanopia "work" and "anything" have allmost the same colors, and as far as I know deuteranopia would cause the same problem with "anything" and "joy"

kaptain_kavern

kaptain_kavern

I pushed this on Github and made a new release. See OP for download links

OrbitalSP3

I'm a colonist  8) 8) 8)

Cool, thanks kaptain_kavern!

I'm not sure what kind of colorblind I am, there are several types.
What I know is that I have trouble diferencianting the greens and browns that look similar, as well as yellow and light orange and beige.

Rumi♫

Real thanks, it was a pain trying to tell work time from free time, you probably made me want to play the game again with this, and I bet you helped lots and lots of other people too.
Also can't help but notice I apear to be a "tactician" xD. nailed!