Clothing Bug - modifiers to base resistances not being applied once equipped

Started by r7e7d, July 26, 2016, 02:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r7e7d

Circumstances: Attempting to upgrade the gear of my colonists, endgame. Unknown when the bug first appeared, as I am only noticing it now.

Attempted action and expected result: Equipped clothes to colonists, expected stats display on examination to match stats for examination while on ground

Actual result: Gear only displayed base stats (ie. 3% sharp resistance for pants, no modifier applied, only showing base and final value (which were the same)).

Replication: Try equipping a piece of gear to a colonist? Other than that I am not sure, as like I mentioned earlier I am only noticing the bug now, and have no idea when it started or if somethign specific started it.

Long/full explanation:
I've noticed a bug in my game, though I'm not sure if it's a visual/display bug, a effect bug, or I'm just missing something, but whenever I equip clothing it reverts to it's base stats once examined. When on the floor, the resistance to say, sharp damage will read something like 18% or so (3% base, 5% devilstrand, x300% devilstrand, ect.) but as soon as I equip it to a colonist it instantly reverts back to just the base value (in this case, 3% for pants).
This is the case for every piece of clothing and material I've tried, from leather t-shirts to power armour, it will only display the base stats when equipped to a colonist, if the clothing is unequipped, it will display the proper stats while on the ground, but the bug will return once it is re-equipped.

Calahan

This is a known bug that has been reported several times since A14 was released. AFAIK the bug is a display bug, and the true properties of the item are not displayed when they are equipped (but they are WAD), but are displayed correctly when they are on the ground.

I think I recall a recent post in GD where someone tested clothing (parkas) for insulation and it was working correctly, with woollen ones being a lot warmer than cloth ones, and it was just the display that was bugged and not the clothing itself (I have not tested this myself yet, and am just recalling a test I remember someone posting about. As such I can not vouch for the accuracy of that test since it is second-hand data).

giannikampa

This happens for weapons too: when equipped the "i" menu won't calculate/show the material and quality modifiers
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

skullywag

Yep, known bug, there is nothing wrong with the stats, its simple showing the def stats and not the item ingame stats. The items actual stats are correct, chuck it on the ground and inspect the item if you want to see the correct stats.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?