[Mod] (Alpha 6) Trader Tweaks

Started by Dr. Z, August 14, 2014, 06:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

In past Alphas, I always had a difficult time taking the traders serious because all I was reading was "cheap, cheap, cheap, very cheap". And although this is much better in Alpha 6, I think there are still a few things which need change.

First things first: Industrial traders can trade stone. In past colonies, I had stockpiles with over 3000 stone blocks and I think it's mandatory to be able to sell them. This mod is also included seperately in the download file if you don't like the other changes I've made.

For the main mod, I changed just a few Drop Price Modifiers (DPMs) to make some wares more expensive because I think it reflects their worth for the colony better (I know that uranium and rockets aren't used in vanilla, but maybe there are mods out there using it, also, I don't do half things).
In detail:
- Changed DPM for Metal (industrial trader) from cheap to non (normal)
- Changed DPM for Uranium (industrial trader) from cheap to expensive
- Changed DPM for rockets (combat supplier) from cheap to non (normal)

It's not as much as I've planned back in Alpha 5, but this worked out good for me and I want to share it and hear your opinion whether this are good or bad changes. Trading stones is also included in the main mod.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Prasie the Squirrel!

marcusmcdad

Awesome job man.  I really like it.  I always thought Uranium should be more expensive.

BetaSpectre

I agree with Uranium 100%

But the biggest problem is that trades don't hold all items anymore they're really picky about what they sell.

The differences in Market prices pretty much made the game a merchant simulator with some backwater colony being a HUB for all the traders.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Dr. Z

So the fact that there is more than one different kind of trader makes it a merchant simulation? Than you have very little demands.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Grimandevil

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 14, 2014, 06:52:44 AM
First things first: Industrial traders can trade stone. In past colonies, I had stockpiles with over 3000 stone blocks and I think it's mandatory to be able to sell them.

Actually, if u build brick roads and walls, there will be not so much spare stone.
But thats not the case. Do u think its logical that a space ship trader would transport stones from one place to another?
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Smacher305

Quote from: Grimandevil on August 14, 2014, 04:36:28 PM
Actually, if u build brick roads and walls, there will be not so much spare stone.
But thats not the case. Do u think its logical that a space ship trader would transport stones from one place to another?

If said "stones" are well chiseled and masterfully crafted into building blocks.

Dr. Z

Do u think its logical that a space ship trader would transport stones from one place to another?

Why should it be less logical than a trader transporting metal from one place to another. I'm not talking about debris but about the manufactured stone blocks you can use to build something. Maybe that's not clear enough in the OP?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Shinzy

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 15, 2014, 03:52:01 AM
Do u think its logical that a space ship trader would transport stones from one place to another?

Why should it be less logical than a trader transporting metal from one place to another. I'm not talking about debris but about the manufactured stone blocks you can use to build something. Maybe that's not clear enough in the OP?

Metal might not be so common on all planets
while there's always stone on any sort of hospitable planet
and making bricks isn't hard work
If you could refine the stoneblocks into some kind of luxury resource with art skills
that might be worthwhile to toss around the galaxy

Fancy ornate bricks
like legos made of stone =P

Dr. Z

Well...it's a good people are willing to pay silver for, that's enough reason for a trader to have it around in my opinion.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Ivia

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 14, 2014, 06:52:44 AM
First things first: Industrial traders can trade stone. In past colonies, I had stockpiles with over 3000 stone blocks and I think it's mandatory to be able to sell them.
Unless it's a good stone?

BetaSpectre

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 14, 2014, 03:36:40 PM
So the fact that there is more than one different kind of trader makes it a merchant simulation? Than you have very little demands.

Well when each merchant has different item prices for the same items it really does make your colony feel like a HUB of commerce if a player chooses to exploit this. Though it is somewhat realistic if traders had more variety. After all everyone needs to eat. Also what's wrong with Rimworld having a part of it being a market simulator?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Zack_Wester

the problem I got is that no trader except the farm one buys my potato.
Really I can accept that I can´t sell all my potato until they got broke on silver, that's good(no one would do that)
But like an industry trader shows up and say can I buy 200 potato for 2 silver each or something. and the next 100 for 1 silver. so that I could´t sell more then 300 potato to that one trader and not 8999.

same thing whit slave trader I could sell some potato, strawberries and what not for the crew plus "passengers".
also an red cross(or equal) trader would be great. sells first-aid kit for cheap and appeal(clothing).