The first time I played this game...

Started by Vas, February 28, 2014, 09:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

Which was 3 days ago.  I didn't come out of my room for 2 days!  I forgot to eat, I forgot to drink, I forgot about literally everything.  xD  This is definitely my type of game.  :P

A friend gave me a copy of the previous update, the one just before Alpha 2, so unfortunately I don't own it, but now that I got the chance to try it, I definitely intend on buying it, at some point.  If I ever have money.  xD  I mean wow, 2 whole days of constant playing, only a break once in a while when I really really needed 'to go' and just stuck a few bits of food in the microwave for 30 seconds just to eat in between 9 hour long play sessions.  I don't think I've ever had a game distract me so very much.  xD  I wish I had stable income so I could buy it immediately.  xP

I'm just curious, where is the game saving names of people you edited?  One colony, the first colony I started, I named a scientists "Vas" "Vadum" and 2 other characters, and now every so often, they seem to pop up out of the blue.  Or just Vas as a Merc.  Maybe it's just coincidence that someone else has the nick name Vas?

Anyhow.  Once I do get the game, and can participate in the updates like Alpha 2, you'll be seeing a lot more suggestion and talk from me, as I am very creative with my ideas (as you may have already noticed) and think outside the box.  For example, my landing pads.  People were trying to find a way to make launchpads better, more efficient.  I thought of a way to change them into something entirely different and optimize it at the same time.  Fixing a few issues with it all at once.  Though I haven't gotten word on if the devs liked that yet so, I don't know if it was that good yet.  Just an example of how I think outside the box, rather than improving an existing object, I invented a new one to take it's place, and I am always as detailed as possible while planning out game balancing before I post.  One example of this is my Starbound mods.  :P  Some of my server goers hate me now because I balanced out the uber op parts of my mods and the other mods on the server, making it a little harder on them. xD

What happened the first time you played Rimworld?
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.