[REQUEST] Removing bionic parts from bodies

Started by Drusek, July 27, 2016, 09:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drusek

A mod that allows of removing not destroyed/damaged bionic parts from dead bodies.

Warforyou

Thumbs up! Have always thought about it.

I see the man who is maintaining DESurgeries have noticed your idea. Hopefully we are going to see a great update

kaptain_kavern

Hello folks, yeah i took note of your suggestion.
I think it's a good idea. I can't promise anything though. But I will look into it later.

I'm not even sure it's doable with my coding skills ... (i only really know XML modding, i can make new things with already in game mechanics, but i can't add new one, this is done in C#)

But I was thinking maybe i could use the code about mechanoid deconstruction, alter it in order to "butcher" a human corpse for the part. But i haven't to look in the code and can't say more for now.

I'm actually working on an update for DESurgeries (in testing right now) and with the team we also working on a big update for ADogSay. Hence the "i can't promise anything"

sefin_88

+1 for this.  I always see those "baddies" that come in with an attachment and I think "capture him and take it" but the he dies and its lost forever.......

Seikikai

Agree, I Have A Couple Of Heavy RPG Turrets That Blow Everything Making Me Hard To Capture Enemies :(

Slinger

+1 for this. I've read it used to be possible around Alpha 8, but was removed for balancing purposes. Screw the balance I say ;)

Facepunch

Coulda sworn it was possible in vanilla. Maybe it's just cause I've been using an excessive amount of mods since A8

Zhentar

IIRC, it was briefly possible and removed as a bug fix.

RazorHed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6rylphp04mt37e/RemoveBionicsFromCorpses.zip?dl=0

This is for A[15]

I made a quick mod for you. You can get vanilla bionic arms, legs and arms from corpses at a machining table . If the body has more than one bionic part the process can only get you one of them and the corpse is destroyed. Have fun

RazorHed

Nevermind , not quite working as intended just yet :)

Mackinz

Quote from: RazorHed on September 26, 2016, 01:42:16 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6rylphp04mt37e/RemoveBionicsFromCorpses.zip?dl=0

This is for A[15]

I made a quick mod for you. You can get vanilla bionic arms, legs and arms from corpses at a machining table . If the body has more than one bionic part the process can only get you one of them and the corpse is destroyed. Have fun
This is for vanilla and only can salvage one bionic body part, but what about parts added by EPOE and what if there are multiple? Could you also concoct an EPOE and multi-part compatible mod?