Bionic arms come with bionic hands and fingers

Started by Fafn1r, July 27, 2016, 03:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafn1r

Please correct me, if I'm wrong, but having intact hands and fingers in Rimworld reduces the chance of having an arm cut off. Simply because RNG has more parts to pick from.

If that is true, installing bionic arms and legs gives a disadvantage that doesn't make sense - it's easier to have a bionic arm cut off than a normal one. Same with legs.

Is it something that has been recognized as an issue already?

Goldenpotatoes

Its already been noted by a lot of people in past alphas, surprised nothing has been done about the fact.

Logic I've applied to it is that the advanced bionics are partly organic and sustained damage to the limb causes a lot more over-all damage than a regular limb being hit in singular spots (loosing a finger).

Mikhail Reign

Yep. It's a known issue. It's been buggin me since bionics were introduced. I'm sure I could dig up the argument.

Also being 'partly organic' isn't a reason. An organic part would be able to heal - so damage to a finger should be negligible.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15704.0

Older thread.

One of the bits that bugs me the most, is bionics makes colonists glass cannons.

A colonist with a normal arm could be shot multiple times in the arm, and each roll could put the damage on a finger, or hand. If you shoot a arm with a sniper rifle, and the damage is applied to a finger, it caps at the finger being destroyed. This could theoretically happen at more then 5 times, and then a few more times for the hand and arm bones.

If a colonist has a bionic arm, the damage can only be rolled against the arm as a whole. This means 2 sniper shots in the arm and it's gone - no chance to take off a finger, or break a bone.

This means if you stand a colonist, and a bionic super solider against a wall and spray them with a minigun, the super solider will fall first.

This gets even worse with legs. A colonist might take a couple of rounds in the leg, lose a toe or 2, and continue to fight, while a super solider would lose the leg, and get auto incapp'd.