[A14] RimWands (adds 4 craftable wands)

Started by 666Matt666, July 17, 2016, 09:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

666Matt666

I wanted to have a little magic in Rimworld, so I made this little mod. It adds 4 wands to the game. They act like guns, and they don't lose durability. Enjoy!

(this is my first mod, so don't expect much)

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj21yb9p6v118bl/RimWands.zip?dl=0
If you want the wands to loose durability, download this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr64l3hmh7omy8z/RimWands%28they_loose_durability%29.zip?dl=0
Don't upload this mod to other sites! If you want to include it in a modpack (for whatever reason) you have to ask me first. Wands are a pretty basic idea, so it wouldn't be fair if i said "don't make anything similar".

Here's a picture:

666Matt666

Quote from: Canute on July 17, 2016, 11:25:59 AM
Nice work.
But i think they need to loose durability since you don't need magic.
Does they use any skills ? if not why not ?

And whats about a heal wand ?

How do you mean skills? If you mean skills like construction and mining, the wands use the shooting skill. they're basically guns. If you mean these rpg-like skills they don't have any, and the reason is simple: I'm a noob modder :P
Thats also why I don't have a heal wand, I have no idea how to make one. I started modding this morning. Literally. This was really easy to make. Anyway, If you have suggestions for a wand that shoots actual bullets (retextured ofc), I can add that in no time.

And if you want them to loose durability, i can make a version where they do. I just have to change *one* number.

Edit: there ya go, now there's a version where they do.

hector212121

Question: Do the wands actually deal different kinds of damage, like heat and electricity?

Mufflamingo

Please add TOMES and STAVES and Robes!!! XD I want a Wizard Army!!!
Bleeeee. . . . .

Jdalt40

Quote from: 666Matt666 on July 17, 2016, 11:50:04 AM
Thats also why I don't have a heal wand, I have no idea how to make one. I started modding this morning.
I'm pretty sure -1 works gives negative damage (Idk though, it might heal them while burning them :D)