Pregnancy

Started by Dugalle900, July 27, 2016, 08:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dugalle900

Really stupid question here: When social interactions were added, did we get pregnancy as well? If not, is there a mod that adds it?
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

Jaxxa

Shurp

<lifeStageAges>
   <li>
      <def>HumanlikeBaby</def>
      <minAge>0</minAge>
   </li>
   <li>
      <def>HumanlikeToddler</def>
      <minAge>1.2</minAge>
   </li>
   <li>
      <def>HumanlikeChild</def>
      <minAge>4</minAge>
   </li>
   <li>
      <def>HumanlikeTeenager</def>
      <minAge>13</minAge>
   </li>
   <li>
      <def>HumanlikeAdult</def>
      <minAge>18</minAge>
   </li>
</lifeStageAges>

Human pregnancy is already in the game.  Some modder just needs to find the right bit to make humans start popping out babies.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Goo Poni

I almost imagine if they're not fully implemented yet that they'd just get plopped out on the floor wherever, unable to move and would just be an extra mouth to feed until such a time that they're fully grown in which case they're considered food, like with animals. Maybe I've just played too much Rimworld.

1f4r88u

I've recently come across a human pregnancy; My colony was attacked by raiders and the only survivor on their side was a woman named Rodabello. She had no health problems and was a generally sane person in terms of character. I took her as a prisoner and after a while, recruited her. I then check her health page again just in case and she was in the middle stage of pregnancy. I don't know how this happened and maybe someone needs to talk to the warden about appropriate work ethic, but I'm concerned whether this child is legitimate or just a glitch. Currently she is in the late stage of pregnancy which means it has advanced in terms of time, but I want to know if she's going to die or her child will etc.

s22190

Quote from: 1f4r88u on August 18, 2016, 07:46:40 PM
I've recently come across a human pregnancy; My colony was attacked by raiders and the only survivor on their side was a woman named Rodabello. She had no health problems and was a generally sane person in terms of character. I took her as a prisoner and after a while, recruited her. I then check her health page again just in case and she was in the middle stage of pregnancy. I don't know how this happened and maybe someone needs to talk to the warden about appropriate work ethic, but I'm concerned whether this child is legitimate or just a glitch. Currently she is in the late stage of pregnancy which means it has advanced in terms of time, but I want to know if she's going to die or her child will etc.

Can we get screenshots of that ?

Grogfeld

I always make that my marriage couples have child on it's way by using developer tools. Pregnancy is long time challenge so to keep women alive is hard :D If pregnancy won't be implemented soon I will see what I can do but It's a matter of making a detour to "lovin" "job" and set there some randomization for giving pregnancy. Remember that early pregnancy state is hidden for a long time so maybe it's in game already.

RandomGirl

Considering how much couples that are in love/married boink, you'd think the girls would wind up pregnant sooner or later. Maybe they've all got implanted anti-pregnancy devices or something. :)

I'd actually like to have it be an option, really. Especially since one of the colonies I'm playing with is using the "careful preparation" mod, which allows you to set up exactly how you want the colony to start, so I set them up as a group that WANTED to colonize this specific planet, and have no intentions of leaving. 3 couples, 4 kids (teenagers), and 3 unmarried folks, with plenty of supplies, farm animals, and the like, as well as using the dev command to unlock certain techs (like guard turrets) to start out, since they're prepared for this. I'm curious to see how their little colony fares on a hard difficulty. :)

Grogfeld

This sounds interesting, nice scenario setting. Oh, and by the way you can unlock tech in scenario editor.
For the control of pregnancy, it could be prevented by a pill. Nicely fit in A15 drugs edition. Hmmm I actually think now about this mod :D

1f4r88u

Here is the screenshot of my pregnant Rodabello <3

s22190

Mother of Amok ! She is preggo afterall. She should get some mood swings !  ;D

Mr.Cross

My only question is did you use the developmental mode to achieve this? You know the one where you can spawn in weapons and what not?
Claims to know most things.

nuschler22

I just saw a mod that adds it on Steam. I haven't used it and cant vouch for it.

I just saw it today under most recent mods.  I forget the name but it's obvious.