[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Omega

<=To Be Continued/\/

jmababa

Quote from: Pink Omega on November 02, 2016, 03:40:30 PM
Is there any way to craft Winter cloaks?

reaserch it I can craft it its part of a faction amour.

Vindar

Taken From Steam:
Personal Update (Part 1):
so yah, yesterday my computer had "issues" and the only way to fix it was a factory reset. what that means is that everything that was on my hard-drive got wiped. (which is depressing) using recuva to try and reclaim some of the files but it's not looking good, some of the specific ones i was looking for i've already comfirmed i wont be able to get back. (my poor beautiful kenshi mods)

I did keep a cache of updates to Medieval Times on a seperate harddrive, however it's not the latest version which means that some of the more recent work is in all likelyhood gonna be gone. (along with any hi-res textures and workspaces i had)

Cant seem to get the sendowl download to work for my rimworld mod testing, but it seems like the steam version is working.

I'm going to get the latest update i got, fix any issues i remember with it and push that out hopefully today (in case things get worse on this end)

keep in mind the next update wont be particularly good, will have the spawn item cut as discussed before, some tweaks and 2 new items but thats it at this point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated to (v. 1.36.A15c)
- Removed several spawn tags on items.
- Added new weapon "Spatha Sword".
- Changed graphic on "Arming Sword", used old arming sword graphic for "Spatha Sword".
- Added new item "Personal Computer".
- Removed changes to SpawnPawnDefs.
- Various minor Tweaks.

kcirdor

What does this mean? Does this mean that some assets will be missing from the mod's previous version with the update today?  Or you just lost some of the work you put in on your upcoming update?  Sorry for your loss man.

Vindar

Quote from: kcirdor on November 10, 2016, 05:34:14 PM
What does this mean? Does this mean that some assets will be missing from the mod's previous version with the update today?  Or you just lost some of the work you put in on your upcoming update?  Sorry for your loss man.

lost some of the work. & it's gonna take a while to fix stuff. (so i can do more work)

aside from that i did cut some of the spawn items for an unrelated reason (to help fix the serious lag issues) so gloves and boots/socks wont spawn on enemies, but can still be crafted for your characters.

jmababa

Nice thankz for new update gonna use this once my latest colony dies of something or we get to launch

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.37.A15c)
- Switched "Stone Hearth" to temperature tab, buffed beauty and changed discription
- "Fixed" Boomalope issue.
- Added new armour "Full Wooden Plate".
- Added caped versions of Steel Full Plate armour
- Added new helmet "Death Mask"
- Added new Weapon "Flanged Mace"
- Modified "One-handed Mace" to tier 2 status.
- Fixed Personal Computer bug where it was accessable via Joy construction Tab. (Can still be bought from traders)

----------------------------

As always let me know if you find any bugs/issues.

Vindar

(v. 1.38.A15c)
- "Fixed" personal computer being free to build, again.
- Added new armour. "Royal Plate Armour"

Hydromancerx

Will you be added Chainmail to the mod? I noticed that the outdated Stone to Steel mod had chainmail.  wondered if you were going to use it or even make your own.

Likewise what about the Rugged medieval assets. Do you plan to add those to the mod as well?

Vindar

On chainmail, when i eventually get around to it, making "new" armor takes a bit of time, right now I'm working on getting royal guard armour done, than it's kingly armour/clothes, (once thouse are done i can seriously consider implementing sieges) after that ill prolly try a teir 3 chainmail type.

as far as steel goes i think balence wise it's best to leave it a rare resource. make stone cups and trade em for steel, thats the intention. (i still need to rework the tradegoods/trading caravans)

as far as "Rugged medieval assets" goes, seems he is looking to do his own thing, which is a good thing. mods are rarely inherently incompatible, so it just means more medieval goodness for all. I do have to say though, some of thouse textures look really good. ^^b

Canute

Hi, this is a real nice mod, you put much work into it.
To bad it isn't a total conversion yet. You should create a scenario with all the disabled buildings/events that didn't fit into the style.
And maybe you can add some kind of RimMagic, the autor stoped the work, dang i just notice he even delete the threat.

But the main reason i want to suggest, You allready made subcategories for the appeareals, but the problem are there are still things at the same categorie you can wear together like pants,t-shirt/tunic, duster.
Maybe you can rearange them like at prepare carefully, at this way you can see easyer what can be combined.

Serenity

Quote from: Canute on November 18, 2016, 03:30:42 PM
To bad it isn't a total conversion yet. You should create a scenario with all the disabled buildings/events that didn't fit into the style.
Check out "Rimworld: Medieval Edition". Works together with this

joaonunes

Ohh, I mistaken this mod for "Rimworld: Medieval Edition" :P This mod doe snot remove anything from the game as the other mod does, yaaayyy!!! :D

On the screenshots though it feels kinda stupid to see medieval soldiers with personal shields :( Have they been removed since the screenshot was taken or am I going to see shielded enemies?
I'm ok with that, but feels a bit off...

+1 vote for the addition of Rugged Medieval Assets to this mod, when they are finished of course :D
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Serenity

You can play both mods together. Then you have the features from Times without the modern stuff. Though I have seen some traders carrying some weapons in ME. Not sure what's up with that. Can be ignored though. So far all raids are strictly medieval.

Hydromancerx

Please update to alpha 16. I miss this mod. This mod is soo cool!