[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehchanman

i think its this mod thats causign this bug, im not sure why. new game time -_-

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Vindar

wow, that a'lotta issues.

No idea about some of that stuff, like how you got 115 steel stacked on one spot or why a geyser wouldn't stop spraying.

Are you editing the save file? If not I noticed you had dev mode open?

As far as the error that is specific to "Medieval Times",  Medieval factions within the mod are not set to use siege tactics, I looked in the mod and it seems a can siege slipped in somehow so I'll remove it in the next patch.

*Update*   New patch 1.012.014 is out.

(v. 1.012.014)
- Changed "Medieval Sword" to "Medieval Longsword"
- Added new item "Arming Sword"
- Various stat & graphical tweaks
- Removed "Can Siege" from "Medieval Warbands" (Bug)

let me know if anyone spots anything else that's either off or buggy.

Wivex

Hi, Vindar. In case you don't have notifications enabled, I've sent you a PM request about your mod.

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.013.014)
     - Various stat tweaks
     - Re-did graphic on "Medieval Forge"
     - Added item "Medieval Smelter"

If anyone has any balancing issues with the mod, please let me know, I want to try and keep the items added fairly balanced in terms of game-play.

As far as all the items being under one tech vs spanning it out with multiple techs, I intend to change that in later versions, but I'm waiting for an alpha update to do that(as I don't know specifically what items I'm going to add in the future)

RozalinZenon

I don't know if this is just me or not but I get a "The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder." error. I double checked as well. When I extract the mod folder to my desktop, its all fine, but when I drag and drop to overwrite it gives me the error.
  Also, when I open RimWorld and the debug log shows up, it says...

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Padded_Jacket_Leather/MedievalTimes_Leather_Jacket in any active mod or in base resources.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

MatFrom with null sourceTex.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Plate_Steel/Plate_Steel/MedievalTimes_Plate_Steel in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Plate_Steel/Plate_Steel_Cloaked/MedievalTimes_Plate_Steel_Cloaked in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Plate_Steel/Plate_Steel/MedievalTimes_Plate_Steel in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Hauberk/Hauberk_Tabard_Blue/MedievalTimes_Hauberk_Tabard_Blue in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Hauberk/Hauberk_Tabard_Green/MedievalTimes_Hauberk_Tabard_Green in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Hauberk/Hauberk_Tabard_Orange/MedievalTimes_Hauberk_Tabard_Orange in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Hauberk/Hauberk_Cloaked/MedievalTimes_Cloaked_Hauberk in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Plate_Full/Plate_Full/MedievalTimes_Plate_Full in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Plate_Full/Plate_Full_Tabard_Blue/MedievalTimes_Plate_Full_Tabard_Blue in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Plate_Full/Plate_Full_Tabard_Green/MedievalTimes_Plate_Full_Tabard_Green in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Plate_Full/Plate_Full_Tabard_Orange/MedievalTimes_Plate_Full_Tabard_Orange in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Armor/Plate_Full/Plate_Full_Cloaked/MedievalTimes_Plate_Full_Cloaked in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Clothing/Suspenders_Striped/MedievalTimes_Suspenders_Striped in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Clothing/Tabard/Tabard_Blue/MedievalTimes_Tabard_Blue in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Clothing/Tabard/Tabard_Green/MedievalTimes_Tabard_Green in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Bodywear_Clothing/Tabard/Tabard_Orange/MedievalTimes_Tabard_Orange in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Headwear_Armor/Conical_Bascinet/MedievalTimes_Helmet_Conical_Bascinet in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Headwear_Clothing/Arming_Cap_Cloth/MedievalTimes_Arming_Cloth in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Headwear_Clothing/Arming_Cap_Leather/MedievalTimes_Arming_Leather in any active mod or in base resources.

Vindar

Overwrite? If installed correctly it should not overwrite any files.

Mods should be in their own seperate folder within the mods folder(that is located within the rimworld folder). It should look like:

RimWorld1249Win/mods/Medieval Times (v. 1.013.014)

the mods folder should still contain the unaltered Core folder & files within it

let me know if that answers it for you

also

Updated to (v. 1.014.014)
      - Changed graphic for "Medieval Smelter"
      - Added ability for "Medieval Smelter" to smelt various armours
      - Various minor stat & graphic tweaks.

RozalinZenon

I know they shouldn't overwrite if installed correctly. I did install the mod correctly but some of the clothes showed up as pink boxes with a big "X" in the middle, so I re-downloaded the mod and installed it again, but it still showed an error.

So I tried everything to see if it would fix it so I tried overwriting the mod with the same version, the mod was already in the mod folder, but I used a re-downloaded version to overwrite it to see if it would fix it and that is when I got the error of the file being to long.

Sorry, if I don't make any sense.

Shinzy

Quote from: RozalinZenon on August 11, 2016, 01:09:39 AM
I know they shouldn't overwrite if installed correctly. I did install the mod correctly but some of the clothes showed up as pink boxes with a big "X" in the middle, so I re-downloaded the mod and installed it again, but it still showed an error.

So I tried everything to see if it would fix it so I tried overwriting the mod with the same version, the mod was already in the mod folder, but I used a re-downloaded version to overwrite it to see if it would fix it and that is when I got the error of the file being to long.

Sorry, if I don't make any sense.

Ayoo Roz! next time the error pops up go to the RimworldWin_Data (it's the folder right under the mods) and post the outputlog.txt from there!
This could be caused by another mod that causes the next mod in line to freak out aswell, the real error can prolly be found hiding in the log somewhere

StormySunrise

Is there anyway to change the fuel requirement on the smelters/smokers, im having trouble finding wood on an ice sheet :)

TheDirge

How does this work with Technology? i.e if you're playing as tribals do you need to go medieval first before being able to move on to more advanced tech?

Tgr

Quote from: StormySunrise on August 11, 2016, 11:50:27 AM
Is there anyway to change the fuel requirement on the smelters/smokers, im having trouble finding wood on an ice sheet :)

Why would this mod be balanced around ice sheets?

Vindar

Quote from: StormySunrise on August 11, 2016, 11:50:27 AM

You can always edit the file after downloading, file location on smelter is :

Mods/Medieval Times (v. 1.014.014)/Defs/ThingDefs_Building/MedievalTimes_Buildings_Production

The line your looking for is line 131:

<fuelConsumptionRate>300.0</fuelConsumptionRate>

simply lower that number (but to a non-zero or non-negative)

Other consumption rates can be modified in the same way. keep in mind though, massive wood consumption is intended as a balence for being able to use certain techs early.

Quote from: TheDirge on August 11, 2016, 12:40:21 PM
How does this work with Technology? i.e if you're playing as tribals do you need to go medieval first before being able to move on to more advanced tech?

no you can skip medieval techs entirely. currently all medieval items are located under one blanket tech.(which is auto-done on basic start) this will be changed in later versions but it's easier to do it this way for now.

SynsPlayground

been testing this out and i like it quite a bit, I do have one question however... What is the difference in function, in game, between the embrasure and crenelated parapet, I know the real life applications but i am very curious as to how they function differently as far as defencive bonuses and such in game.
Sadism Isnt All Fun And Games, At Least Not For You, I'm Having A Ball! -A Sadist You've Never Seen(Syns)

Vindar

Quote from: SynsPlayground on August 11, 2016, 04:01:28 PM
been testing this out and i like it quite a bit, I do have one question however... What is the difference in function, in game, between the embrasure and crenelated parapet, I know the real life applications but i am very curious as to how they function differently as far as defencive bonuses and such in game.

one can be climbed over(parapet), the other cant (embrasure)

I'm prolly gonna increase the difficulty to climb over on the parapet. and see what i can do to fix issues with people behind embrasures not getting shot at.

parapet has same defensive bonuses as sandbags (0.65) in the next incoming patch embrasures currently stand at (0.7), though if i figure out the shooting thing it'll prolly be (0.8) or something.

I'm currently taking some time to play-test and figure out what needs to be changed in upcoming versions.

P.S.
sorry bought all the constant changes to stats, values, ect. trying to find the sweet-spot with the gameplay.

StormySunrise

Quote from: Vindar on August 12, 2016, 01:21:30 AM
Quote from: SynsPlayground on August 11, 2016, 04:01:28 PM

one can be climbed over(parapet), the other cant (embrasure)

I'm prolly gonna increase the difficulty to climb over on the parapet. and see what i can do to fix issues with people behind embrasures not getting shot at.

parapet has same defensive bonuses as sandbags (0.65) in the next incoming patch embrasures currently stand at (0.7), though if i figure out the shooting thing it'll prolly be (0.8) or something.

I'm currently taking some time to play-test and figure out what needs to be changed in upcoming versions.

P.S.
sorry bought all the constant changes to stats, values, ect. trying to find the sweet-spot with the gameplay.

Is the Ballista affected by a pawn's shooting skill? Its been underwhelming for me that a ballista couldn't 1shot a unarmored raider with a club (the ballista shot went through the pawns torso,)