[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vindar

@ Stormy

Ballista's and catapults operate the same as mortars in the sense that their all manned turrents. as far as I'm aware their is no skill associated with the use of manned turrents/mortars.

shooting skill has nothing to do with the use of ballista's, just random luck.

most of the time, ballista's will one-shot unarmored guys, this is meant to be offset by a longer cooldown time (cooldown time might get increased further)

sometimes you get a crappy shot with a ballista however and it just doesn't get the kill/takedown.

The only solution I know of is praying to the RNG God:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RandomNumberGod

StormySunrise

Quote from: Vindar on August 12, 2016, 12:24:32 PM
@ Stormy

Ballista's and catapults operate the same as mortars in the sense that their all manned turrents. as far as I'm aware their is no skill associated with the use of manned turrents/mortars.

shooting skill has nothing to do with the use of ballista's, just random luck.

most of the time, ballista's will one-shot unarmored guys, this is meant to be offset by a longer cooldown time (cooldown time might get increased further)

sometimes you get a crappy shot with a ballista however and it just doesn't get the kill/takedown.

The only solution I know of is praying to the RNG God:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RandomNumberGod
XD welp I better pray harder, I normally only use ballista defenses against mechanoids now, and also the occasional angry power armored Commando Unite that raids

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.015.014)
     - Modified the way "Embrasures" work, attacking pawns will now shoot at defenders behind embrasures and attempt to scale the walls.
     - Nerfed the reload time on ballista's
     - Added new artwork "Shrine to the Random Number God", which contains a joy action "Praying to the Random Number God" associated with it.
     - Various minor stat and graphic updates/tweaks

Any feedback on the new way embrasures are handled in this update would be appreciated.

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.016.014)
- Added new item "Bearded Battle Axe"
- Various stat tweaks & alterations
("Wooden Barricades" should now be a more viable option cost wise)

Fluffe

Can I just say how much I love that raid picture on the front love the illusion of depth thats added to it lol

Topper

Could we please get a mediafire or google drive or dropbox mirror? I'm rally not interested in signing up with nexus. Also I'm getting fairly lengthy delays on the steam version when raids and visitors spawn..anything you can do about that? Also consider putting some of the items behind a research tech so you dont start with them at tribe level.

Deimos Rast

So I installed this mod pretty much immediately after buying RimWorld and looking over a lot of the items it adds...I thought those are part of the stock game :o
I really enjoy this mod, thanks!

#StopPluginAbuse

StormySunrise

May I recommend adding pitfall traps or spiked walls if that's possible?

I'd love to see the 35 man warband raid try to get through my Aztec temple of cybermetic cannibalistic tribals.

Trigon

Gotta say I love this mod. Was worried that after Ish I would never see another medieval mod. Though I was curious if you would allow players to craft the armors with stuff. I liked having plasteel plate armor in the old Ish version since I like playing low tech colonies that still duke it out with pirates and spacers. I have no modding knowledge though and I also figure that letting them be made of plasteel would ruin the great artwork this mod has.

Jarred

Hi, i seem to be having a problem with the display of the weapon and items from this mod.
faction members appear headless, with large magenta blocks for armor. also the structures/equipment added are all big boxed xs.
anyone know what may be conflicting?
thanks in advance

ccl+tweaks
custom population
hospitality
tech advancing
fences
prepare carefully
EPOE
high caliber
medical training
medieval times
modular tables
rimfire
practice targets
work tab

*Edit: Ahh i see someone had the same problem, sorry for repost. ill try to just sort through

Zxypher

Man I love all the stuff added with this mod but it really is forcing me to go maximum cheese for defense. Last night I had a raid that was 25 enemies vs 4 shooters (+1 non-violent). Holy crap that was a tough fight. Also the raiders from this mod seem to love deconstructing stuff when they flee.

Trigon

Quote from: Jarred on August 19, 2016, 11:52:53 AM
Hi, i seem to be having a problem with the display of the weapon and items from this mod.
faction members appear headless, with large magenta blocks for armor. also the structures/equipment added are all big boxed xs.
thanks in advance

ccl+tweaks
custom population
hospitality
tech advancing
fences
prepare carefully
EPOE

high caliber
medical training
medieval times
modular tables
rimfire
practice targets
work tab

*Edit: Ahh i see someone had the same problem, sorry for repost. ill try to just sort through
I don't have this problem but I did notice that I had a lot of the same mods as you. I highlighted the ones that I personally know work fine with it. Hopefully this will save you some time with your troubleshooting.

Vindar

Quote from: Topper on August 18, 2016, 01:48:40 AM
Could we please get a mediafire or google drive or dropbox mirror? I'm rally not interested in signing up with nexus. Also I'm getting fairly lengthy delays on the steam version when raids and visitors spawn..anything you can do about that? Also consider putting some of the items behind a research tech so you dont start with them at tribe level.

I prefer nexus because it lets me track how many downloads I get and provides a msg'ing service so i can be contacted about the mod. generally, It helps keep stuff contained and gets me feedback about how the mod is going.

for a dropbox, mediafire or other drop service, i'd have to create an account and than manage it with each update (which would take time away from creating more content)

It may be selfish, but i figure people can meet me halfway and use either steam workshop or nexus. (my little black book of accounts and passwords is already way to big)

As far as lag goes during spawns, I'm already knee deep in redesigning code/graphics to improve the situation. should be significantly better with next release (which will be the Alpha 15 update)

Quote from: Trigon on August 19, 2016, 02:58:03 AM
Gotta say I love this mod. Was worried that after Ish I would never see another medieval mod. Though I was curious if you would allow players to craft the armors with stuff. I liked having plasteel plate armor in the old Ish version since I like playing low tech colonies that still duke it out with pirates and spacers. I have no modding knowledge though and I also figure that letting them be made of plasteel would ruin the great artwork this mod has.

eventually (and this is a longway off so it might not happen) I intend to create a "Future Forge" which will be able to craft the best versions of the gear in plasteel (which i assume would be casting as opposed to forging)

before that though i'd want to add some "legendary" weapons / equips like excaliburn or various famous pieces of armour

Quote from: Jarred on August 19, 2016, 11:52:53 AM
thanks in advance

ccl+tweaks
custom population
hospitality
tech advancing
fences
prepare carefully
EPOE
high caliber
medical training
medieval times
modular tables
rimfire
practice targets
work tab

This is also partly my fault, first iterations of the mod i wasn't to clear about how classes worked and it showed in the code, next update should fix some of the conflict issues people have been having. 

also it's possible you got a corrupted download(they are rare but do happen), deleting the mod and re-downloading seeing if that fixes it is always a good idea.

shirlierox

I've been having loads of fun playing this coupled with another mod that adds no guns to other factions.

The only trouble I have is I feel like I'm cheating even contemplating adding electric ovens and a freezer  ;D

It just needs the ability to build a moat, build a portcullis, hang prisoners outside the front of my castle to ward off raiders and maybe a black knight that will not die.

Deimos Rast

Quote from: shirlierox on August 20, 2016, 07:33:30 PM
I've been having loads of fun playing this coupled with another mod that adds no guns to other factions.

The only trouble I have is I feel like I'm cheating even contemplating adding electric ovens and a freezer  ;D

It just needs the ability to build a moat, build a portcullis, hang prisoners outside the front of my castle to ward off raiders and maybe a black knight that will not die.
The "More Vanilla Turrets" mod adds a couple of moats to the game....
A portcullis would indeed be cool or some type of quasi extendible gate (only by a square maybe) for draw bridges would be neato.
Edit: there is also the ED-Moat mod by Jaxxa.
#StopPluginAbuse