[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vindar

Quote from: shirlierox on August 20, 2016, 07:33:30 PM
I've been having loads of fun playing this coupled with another mod that adds no guns to other factions.

The only trouble I have is I feel like I'm cheating even contemplating adding electric ovens and a freezer  ;D

It just needs the ability to build a moat, build a portcullis, hang prisoners outside the front of my castle to ward off raiders and maybe a black knight that will not die.

I've been watching the series on youtube :P

as far as refrigerating food goes, next patch for medieval times will have ice as a resource and an icebox that uses ice to cool down a room.

Vindar

It's not done, but it's workable for now;

Updated to (v. 1.25.A15b)
- Initial Alpha 15 update.
- Compleate reworking of Medieval tech-tree.
- Compleate reworking of various codes and classes.
- Unification of graphic sizes. Tweaking to various graphics.
- Pawnkind tweaks so (core) pawns spawn less naked. (non-major / non-nessisary)

- Added new item "Wooden Gate"
- Added new item "Wooden Fence"
- "Street Lamp" is now rotatable

- Removed adobe wall, added, adobe bricks which can now be created / crafted and used in any stony recipie (including walls, embrasures, arts & crafts)

- Added new resource "Ice Blocks"
- removed item "Storage Chest", Added new item "Ice Box" which creates cooling effect at the cost of "Ice Blocks" resource
- Added new production station "Ice Creation Station", which can be used to create Ice.
- Added new production station "Ice Gathering Station", which can be used to create Ice.
- Added new Tech "Ice Walls" and craftable walls / parapets / embrasures, which melt in the heat.

- Added new production station "Crafting Station"
- Added "Trade goods" to definitions.
- Added new Trade good "Crafter's Hand Tools"
- Added new Trade good, "Stuffed Doll"
- Added new Trade good, "rinking Cups"
- Added new Trade good "Storage Pot"
- Added new Trade good "Steel Bow"
- Added new Trade good "Wood Pitch Glue"
- Added new Trade good "Advanced Trigger Mechanism"

- Added new production station "Tailoring Station"
- Added new production station "Improved Blacksmith's Forge"
- Added new production station "Advanced Blacksmith's Forge"

- Added new Security item "Murder Hole"

Ceglaaa

Quote from: Vindar on August 29, 2016, 08:11:23 AM
- Added new Security item "Murder Hole"

I don't know what it is but from the way it sounds I already love it!

shirlierox

Ptolisgoodguy

I think there might be an issue considering that when I started up a world with this mod, everything, and I mean everything was crafted out of Ice Blocks. When I mined rock it dropped 2 ice blocks, when I tried to make a wooden bed, it needed ice blocks. My colonists must be freezing.
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Vindar

Quote from: Ptolisgoodguy on August 29, 2016, 01:09:31 PM
I think there might be an issue considering that when I started up a world with this mod, everything, and I mean everything was crafted out of Ice Blocks. When I mined rock it dropped 2 ice blocks, when I tried to make a wooden bed, it needed ice blocks. My colonists must be freezing.

noted, ill look into it.

just a preamble, You might have gotten a corrupted download or are having a weird mod conflict.

I'd advise re-downloading just on principal.

also, can you tell me which mods your using currently?

Ptolisgoodguy

The mods I am using are as follows:

Core
ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering
GlitterTech
Infused
ADogSaid-master
Vegetable Garden
Turrets Pack
T-MoreFloors
T-MiscStuff
T-MoreBedsVanilla
T-ExpandedCrops-VegGarden
Medieval Times (v. 1.25.A15b)
CraftingHysteresis
FashionRIMsta 14
Furnace
Hospitality
Noku Mushrooms
Embrasures
RT's Weapon Pack
More Vanilla Turrets
Xeva's Rimhair
Nuetrainer and AI Persona Core Crafting
MoreLesserMechanoids
MIRV Artillery
TilledSoil
0.15] Iron Dan
EdBPrepareCarefully

There were also a few Core edits in the following areas:

Traitdefs
Roofdefs
Biomedefs
Difficultydefs
Factiondefs
Thingdefs_buildings > Buildings_Natural
Rooms > RoomStats

The only thing changed in these were a few commonality tweaks and a false to true change.

Vindar

Updated to: (v. 1.26.A15b)
- Fixed Icebox Bug, Icebox will no longer provide cooling effect without Ice Blocks fueling it.

@ Ptolisgoodguy
wasen't able to reproduce your specific bug, by the looks of it your currently having a major mod conflict.

the ice-blocks are set up to be their own specific resource and not be used by things like beds and such. Ice Blocks fall under the category
      <categories>
        <li>MedievalTimes_Ice</li>      
      </categories>
If during your editing you changed this category to <li>stony</li> or something that could cause what your describing.

that or some catch-all added this category to the biome generation.

honestly their isn't much i can do about this. you could try deleting the category all-together and see if that helps

Ptolisgoodguy

@ Vindar

I'll start by going through my Core files and most likely create a backup of what I have now and then re-download the original Core files and see if the bug is still there. If it isn't then I know it's something of my own doing and I'll just have to be careful of what I edit in regards to conflicts. IF the bug remains then I'll go through all my mods and see if I can find what's causing the issue.

Thanks for the help anyway and I'll let you know what happens to see if a note on compatibility is required.

EDIT: It was something to do with the core files I edited so it's nothing on your part to worry about. Thanks for the help none-the-less.

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.27.A15b)
- Added new weapon "Warhammer"
- various stat tweaks / changes
- added Tech-Tree inclusion (Non-nessiary)

Trigon

Vindar

Quote from: Trigon on August 31, 2016, 11:50:03 PM
What's this tech tree inclusion of which you speak?

re-named smithing to "Modern smithing" and made advanced smithing a pre-requisite, than made electricity require modern smithing (cause circuits need pure metals yo).

thats pretty much it, it's not nessisary just makes the medieval stuff feel more like an era that comes before electricty. works great if you start with the tribal scenario (thats what im "playtesting" currently).

since the tech changes are a core file it could cause conflicts with mods that "require" core changes and are loaded before it, however, it's always recommended that you load medieval times at the top of the list, that way any mods that need to change core files can do so without interference from this mod. if you loose the tweak i made in the core file it's no big deal and doesn't hurt the mod at all.

any of the core files that are changed in this mod are optional, meaning if you delete them from the mod folder it wont break medieval times. all of it is just balence/convience changes.

some of it's kinda cool though, like the different graphic for teeshirts and the pants graphic.

Sheyka

helloo

i can't download it from nexusmods because i need to create an account. but i don't want to create an account :D

can you upload your mod on dropbox or something like that? would be very awesome :D
Sorry for bad english <3

SmartCheetah

If you'd like some kind of help to work on the total conversion mod, count me in. I might create some sprites, work on simple files and stuff like that. Always wanted a sim game like that set in medieval world (or some kind of low fantasy setting)

You can see some simple sprites I've already done in this thread:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5422.msg238067#msg238067
I know they aren't really medieval - but just a proof that I've got some experience in creating those.

Deimos Rast

so I've already post how much I love this mod, and I still do, but I kind of feel the last update or so was maybe a misstep. I agree the research needed some added complexity, but I think you went maybe a little far, and now I feel like I'm getting nickeled and dimed on researched projects. I don't see the need for the ice wall stuff but I think it's cool that you're trying new things, and I'm happy that you're still developing this (this should be the main takeaway of this post) and as long as you have a vision for the mod I'm content to enjoy the ride.
Also: any chance of revisiting the fence model at some point? How to put this: you've set a rather high standard visually with the mod, and I think that one comes up short. ;)
Please don't take all this the wrong way; I just think you're entitled to feedback, both pro/con.
Cheers!
:)
#StopPluginAbuse