[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sulusdacor

there is a mod called rimworld medieval edition on steam, not sure if it is on the forums. it removes all guns, changes some event texts to reflect the medieval theme. can't remeber if it removes the higher medicine, don't think i have seen any in my playthrough with these mods, but didn't really mind myself. as for the items just make your own scenario and disable all electric stuff there. can disable buildings added by mods too, so you won't have any problem there ;)

@Vindar: thx for making this mod. i had a lot of fun playing it. only thing a bit annoying was the load time of the raids. and later on in the game its quite hard to get steel for higher tier weapons and armor to forge, since you can't call traders and there is no mine or such to supply the colony.

DoomAngelBlade

Okay.

So I called ALOT of them traders to my area. NONE of them bought RECURVED BOWS.

Robnada

Is it possible to remove the pirate tribe at all? (and possibly outlander if they have guns as well).

I've read your main post regarding content issues, but removing pirate & outlander would drop factions to 4, rather than 6. That's still enough factions to interact without majorly impacting content.

Getting attacked by smgs/grenades when defending parapets with swords/bows is very frustrating & immersion ruining. You're only option seems to be blindly rush your melee units over your walls or trading unevenly with bows.

I have no idea about coding, but this seems such a simple fix and would resolve one of my major frustrations.

Other than that, fantastic job with the mod. Loving it so far, adds a very interesting aspect to the game that, in my opinion, actually trumps vanilla. Great to see you actively developing/responding to feedback, this mod has renewed my interest in Rimworld!

Bad_BROI

ReconCrow

I play the game and notice if I replace all colonist legs with bionic legs, I can't wear boots anymore, is this intention or bug ?

iceteazz

_ Can i got a lite version ? i just want one head armor, one plate for armor slots. For weapon i just want a hammer, mace and axe ( we already got spear, longsword, gladius, knife ingame ) and a crossbow ( we already got bow, great bow ) About building i just want a balista. And adding a medieval faction is a very good idea actually, that's it. Other stuff for my case, are just too much complicated and duplicate the original feature.

Fluffe

I would like to report what I think is a bug? it seems medieval retainers can drop down from drop pods learned after a rescue person event lol is this intentional?

kaptain_kavern

I made a little mod that disable guns and grenades + mechanoid raids for a request I saw on Reddit.

Maybe it can interest "Medieval Times" users ?

If yes I can see about polishing it a bit, again if it's OK with Vindar and useful to some ;)

https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/Gun-Tech-Removal (Click on the "release" tab for the download link)

Vindar

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 16, 2016, 03:55:11 AM
I made a little mod that disable guns and grenades + mechanoid raids for a request I saw on Reddit.

If yes I can see about polishing it a bit, again if it's OK with Vindar and useful to some ;)

https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/Gun-Tech-Removal (Click on the "release" tab for the download link)

feel free to make any add on mods, compatibility patches or mods to go with medieval times, so long as the content of medieval times isn't included in the download (ergo they are still separate downloads)

kaptain_kavern

Thanks for the clarification  ;)

Even though I've never used your mod in-game yet, I saw it add a lot of contents while browsing the code quickly (and textures folder - it's an habit now). And I have to say : Great work  8) 
Lots of features but everything looks well thought out regarding balancing (another thing I'm a bit obsessed with)

Dezan

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 16, 2016, 03:55:11 AM

Tried your mod to go with medieval times, was going great until a few hours into the game. Pirates started showing up with Launcers, Rail Guns, and shotguns. No grenades or other weird stuff, though.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Dezan on October 26, 2016, 06:00:44 AM
Tried your mod to go with medieval times, was going great until a few hours into the game. Pirates started showing up with Launcers, Rail Guns, and shotguns. No grenades or other weird stuff, though.

Hi Dezan, thx for the feedback.
I've just reported the error in the issue tracker (here - trying to not pollute this thread with my stuff, sorry) and already found a missing xml tag. Will correct this.

Thx again

jmababa

could you separate the fence as fence mod it's the best fence ever so others can use it too without getting the whole mod pack

Vindar

Quote from: ReconCrow on September 25, 2016, 01:18:48 AM
I play the game and notice if I replace all colonist legs with bionic legs, I can't wear boots anymore, is this intention or bug ?

wasn't intended though it sounds like it's gonna be a serious pain to fix so for now i'mma pretend that its a feature.

Quote from: Fluffe on October 01, 2016, 10:37:54 PM
I would like to report what I think is a bug? it seems medieval retainers can drop down from drop pods learned after a rescue person event lol is this intentional?

I'm assuming that in order to fix that i would have to use an code injection to modify the event/quest thingy. I'll look to see if their is a quick fix, but i doubt it. Aside from that lore wise the medieval factions are technological / do have outlander style techs. just not in great quantities so it's nobles own only. would make sense that a prisoner of war would get the noble treatment when his ransom was paid(if that helps your RP :P)

Quote from: jmababa on October 28, 2016, 05:52:47 AM
could you separate the fence as fence mod it's the best fence ever so others can use it too without getting the whole mod pack

For now it's one mod, will consider other stuff once mod is done / has reached Rimworlds launch.

===================================

P.S.
remember best place to reach me is steam.

Post from steam:

"for thouse who may be interested :

(an upclose of a new sword, plus what it'll look like in the file)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791610132

also an update.

changing the item spawn amount (including gloves and boots) does have a significant difference in load times.

at the 8k mark old setup would take 41 secs on my comp. removing gloves boots, ect brings it down to about 15 secs.

Because of that i will be limiting what the spawn items are in the next patch & future ones. Note: the medieval guys will still look pretty much the same. & gloves, boots, ect will still be able to be created for your characters via the forge. (just enemies wont spawn with them.)"

Cmoa666

Quote from: ReconCrow on September 25, 2016, 01:18:48 AM

It's a bug from the core game, due to how are handed the bionic/parts of the bodie of pawn .In fact, only your bionic legs are now present on your pawn, but not their foots, that are sub-part of legs, so no sockets or boots. It is the same if you remplace their arms (no gloves).