[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

Maybe add pots of boiling oil to drop on invaders from walls.

Vindar

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 24, 2017, 06:00:07 AM
Could you add wattle and daub walls?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wattle_and_daub

always viewed adobe as being similar to that, maybe i'll change the color a bit on the adobe blocks :P

edit:
than again the idea of a seperate wattle and daub constructed w/ wood instead of hay is now growing on me...

----------------------------------------------

In other news,

:worker: (v. 1.57.A16)
- Added new defensive Structure "Caltrops"
- Moved Wooden Barricade to no research requirements.
- Adjusted various trade settings.
- Put level requirements on various crafting recipies.
- Various minor graphics, tweaks and changes.

Gunblast

Could you forward these changes to your Combat Realism patch? :D

Trigon

Yeah wattle and daub and adobe are technically different things. Adobe is far stronger as far as I know. Also, yay caltrops.

Sewan15

ive got problems looking on how to make the personal shield..

i got one from someone with personal shield already so i am wondering how to make them.. pls help i am new to rimworld thanks :)

btw this mod is really fun :) thanks Vindar

Vindar

Quote from: Sewan15 on January 28, 2017, 01:45:00 PM
ive got problems looking on how to make the personal shield..

i got one from someone with personal shield already so i am wondering how to make them.. pls help i am new to rimworld thanks :)

btw this mod is really fun :) thanks Vindar

they're core game items, I'd assume their craft-able in the same way power Armour is, though cant be sure as I've been focused on the mod for so long that i haven't gotten to that point in my play-testing.

Edit:
------------------------

Btw, Just released the Promo Video for the mod, you can find the link at the top of the description.
or the direct link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDGIk3mwxUg

Let me know what you guys think about the video if you watched it, I'm new to recording and editing video so any feedback is appreciated.

Lord_Orion

I'd like to highlight a balance issue. I live in a land of eternal ice. As such I have the most profitable commodity in the medieval world Blocks of Ice. With the ice trade I feel I am creating silver out of thin air as I literally "sell Ice to the Eskimos"
With a single pawn I can cut 700+ blocks in a single season. Then turn around and sell it at the next bulk trader at 3.20 netting me 2,000+. I've taken to selling the ice to my fellow Icelanders when they visit. I've even gone as far as hauling blocks to them. Thoughts

jmababa

Quote from: Lord_Orion on January 29, 2017, 03:01:14 AM
I'd like to highlight a balance issue. I live in a land of eternal ice. As such I have the most profitable commodity in the medieval world Blocks of Ice. With the ice trade I feel I am creating silver out of thin air as I literally "sell Ice to the Eskimos"
With a single pawn I can cut 700+ blocks in a single season. Then turn around and sell it at the next bulk trader at 3.20 netting me 2,000+. I've taken to selling the ice to my fellow Icelanders when they visit. I've even gone as far as hauling blocks to them. Thoughts

This is nothing compared to fishing mod have 3 guyz fishing you don't need to farm food anymore replace it withlike tobaco from tobaco mod or hops. Sell the excess leather from whatever you fish 2,000+ is nothing you net 5,000+ with fishing mod

Lord_Orion

@jmababa glad id don't use that mod. I love this mod though thank you Vindar for developing it!!!

Vindar

Quote from: Gunblast on January 27, 2017, 10:07:09 AM
Could you forward these changes to your Combat Realism patch? :D

I don't do the combat realism patch and have no association with it. You'll have to talk to Aldalah217 for that.

Quote from: Lord_Orion on January 29, 2017, 03:01:14 AM

The eskimos are making a killing off of you selling your ice to people in the desert :P

Trigon

Indeed. It makes sense because medieval societies actually made money selling ice to hotter areas. When you live on an ice sheet it seems silly unless you assume those people are traipsing up there and buying it from you for food storage purposes, but then one wonders why they don't grab it from anywhere uninhabited since in rimworld people only own a fistful of hexes at a time.

Vindar

Quote from: Trigon on January 29, 2017, 03:18:47 PM
Indeed. It makes sense because medieval societies actually made money selling ice to hotter areas. When you live on an ice sheet it seems silly unless you assume those people are traipsing up there and buying it from you for food storage purposes, but then one wonders why they don't grab it from anywhere uninhabited since in rimworld people only own a fistful of hexes at a time.

logistics. because it still takes time and manpower to farm the ice and prepare it for shipping. they come up and the work is already done for em they can just pack it up and go make their profit, the discount is worth the effort if you do large volume.

also I've decreased the price of ice block in the next patch(not by too much). realized that i increased the speed of production without decreasing the price recently so this should help balence it.

Trigon

Sweet. I always felt justified in my current run. Seeing as I live in a shitty borderline barren mountain next to a desert. Makes sense people of the desert would buy my ice.

Ledaren

Hearty stew didn't give fine meal bonuses anymore. Is that deliberate? For the bonus, the meal must have a new line on the def called thought... or something. Sorry, not at my desktop at the moment.