[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mufflamingo

Quote from: kyle1847 on July 14, 2017, 08:40:56 PM
Sim sim salabim!

*POOF*

http://www.moddb.com/games/rimworld/downloads/medieval-times-combat-extended-compatibility-mod

There you are :)

Omg. Thanks! I love this guy already!

Edit: No homo.
Edit2: Don't tell my gf I said that.
Edit3: I don't have a gf.  :'(
Edit4: Actually I do. Her name is Rimworld.  ;D
Bleeeee. . . . .

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.73.A17b)
- Added new Weapon "One Handed Crossbow"
- Rebalenced various ranged weapons.
- Added non-caped versions of Royal Plate Armour (Standard & Death)
- Fixed various layer issues and rebalenced armour wear temps.
- Fixed Artifact & Legenary gear not spawning in shops.
- Mining "Coal Chunks" now gives more resources.
- Desks are now wider.
- Other fixes I dont remember.

Ledaren

Anyone here know if Skully Medieval Shields still working on A17? Would love to mix them with MedTimes again

Aids86

Hey all!
Wondering what other mods people are combining for complete medieval immersion??

I've found that RimWorld Medieval Edition is no longer working with updates. I can't figure out a way to keep the rest of my world in the medieval ages and lock out further technology. Also i'd love to be using a mod like Combat Extended that can supply ammo to the game and make combat (ranged and melee) more realistic within the medieval environment.

Cheers and i'm excited to see everyone's mod lists!!

rditto48801

There is presently a compatibility problem of sorts with the Stuffified Construction by Sixdd.

Mainly in how it adds new wood types specific to the different types of trees (oak log, pine log, birch log, etc, each with their own different affects on stuff made with them, like walls or weapons), and renaming the default wood to Synthwood (still classified as WoodLog), and making it into a late game resource grown via Hydroponics (and also being what new colonies start with).
So anything calling specifically for WoodLog cannot use the tree specific woods added by Stuffified Construction, only the now 'late game' Synthwood. Which makes it impractical since  it means the main sources for getting more will be via trade or deconstructing items/walls/whatever made of it.

On the up side, Sixdd was looking into a compatability patch on their end, and is looking into just making Synthwood into its own wood type and tossing in a recipe to allow people to 'craft' the default 'wood' using the other wood types in their mod.

Although, being able to use the other wood types in Medieval Times would be nice. I have a thing for things made from Oak (I like the color)... And Doors made from Poplar... (a little less health, but 175% door open speed...)

Quote from: Aids86 on August 08, 2017, 11:58:11 PM
Hey all!
Wondering what other mods people are combining for complete medieval immersion??

I've found that RimWorld Medieval Edition is no longer working with updates. I can't figure out a way to keep the rest of my world in the medieval ages and lock out further technology. Also i'd love to be using a mod like Combat Extended that can supply ammo to the game and make combat (ranged and melee) more realistic within the medieval environment.

Cheers and i'm excited to see everyone's mod lists!!
Mods with Medieval themed stuff?
Well, There are a few items in Tribal Essentials that might fit in a Medieval setting, like the Stoneoven, and some of the floors/walls. Maybe also earthen mound and pitfall trap.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

sirgzu

I don't know what took me so long to finally try this mod, it is epic!

one thing though, armor price is way low to buy at the merchant, considering very OP. Feels imbalanced against vanilla
Quote from: Ledaren on July 26, 2017, 10:50:42 PM
Anyone here know if Skully Medieval Shields still working on A17? Would love to mix them with MedTimes again
I'd also to see this happening, with perhaps a few different types of shields?
Here is the link to the repo: https://github.com/Skullywag/MedievalShields

Sinclair200

Hey guys, my ballista don't seem to hot or shoot anything.
Any suggestion?

Madman666

Quote from: sirgzu on August 28, 2017, 05:59:07 PM
I don't know what took me so long to finally try this mod, it is epic!

one thing though, armor price is way low to buy at the merchant, considering very OP. Feels imbalanced against vanilla

This mod also has some really obliterating security buildings, if you talk about being OP. And its not really that OP when you finally encounter a couple late game medieval armored raids, that have numbers rivaling those of tribals and toughness close to that of elite mercenaries in power armor. Most armors in this mod are not that hard and expensive to make, hence the low trader costs. It was probably done to avoid player getting crapton of money by selling MT armors exclusively, as you can get those relative early and easy.

So I'd say this mod doesn't have to be balanced close to vanilla, it has a charming balance of its own. Things like stews can be considered imbalanced as well, since even weak stew gives some mood buff, while costing lower than even simple meal. I'd say its because MT balanced around role-playing medieval mostly, which could be nigh impossible without those OP armors, buildings and meals.

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.74.A17b)
- Rebalanced cloth temperature multipliers
- Rebalanced steel Hp multipliers
- Core game workbenches are now minifiable
- Fixed bug of stone hearth having buik hearty stew.
======================================
DevNote: this is just an interim patch, It shouldn't affect savegames at all.
I'm on 1.79 w/ internal testing (it has some major changes and is a save buster, as such im going to wait til next alpha release to release it)

(Edit)
Updated to (v. 1.74b.A17b)
- Xpath patch Issue fix.

Madman666

Quote from: Vindar on October 02, 2017, 05:28:40 PM
Updated to (v. 1.74.A17b)
- Rebalanced cloth temperature multipliers
- Rebalanced steel Hp multipliers
- Core game workbenches are now minifiable
- Fixed bug of stone hearth having buik hearty stew.
DevNote: this is just an interim patch, It shouldn't affect savegames at all.
I'm on 1.79 w/ internal testing (it has some major changes and is a save buster, as such im going to wait til next alpha release to release it)

(Edit)
Updated to (v. 1.74b.A17b)
- Xpath patch Issue fix.

Hey there, Vindar) Thanks again for your awesome mod! I pretty much never play without it now. I have couple of questions though. Recently raids got your additional clothing stuff again - they come with gauntlets and boots for example. Did you decide to let raids have them again?)

Also I would like to know about more precise value changes for cloth temperature stats and steel hp stat. How much are those values changed from those of core game? And if you were to hint what kind of interesting major change will finish off our saves in A18 version of Medieval Times would be real nice))

sirgzu

Shouldn't armored boots (and gloves) slow pawns down instead of making them faster?

Madman666

Quote from: sirgzu on October 03, 2017, 05:24:24 AM
Shouldn't armored boots (and gloves) slow pawns down instead of making them faster?

Try to run barefooted on forest ground full or roots, small stones and other crap. Then try to run in heavy winter boots. I'd say you'll probably run faster with them just because you won't get your feet injured on a first sharp stone you step on. Thats probably the reason behind a buff. You'll be able to run faster in any kind of boots that will prevent damage to your feet :)

sirgzu

There is another mod (can't remember at the top of my head) that brings in armored boots in the machining table. They have -0.5speed and it says, try running with a lump of metal on your feet... i think the previous argument would hold true for regular shoes and socks, not for armoured ones.

TastyCookies

Thanks for the update, just a note to everyone who loads their game with this new update, any steel structures that were built will have to be repaired as the hp value went from 350 to 700.