[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vindar

Quote from: RyanRim on December 11, 2017, 09:12:55 AM
Is there a way I could download items and weapons separately, or you are not planning to split them?

individual separations and splitting will be done once the game and mod are both complete. until then it would create a massive headache (having to update each separate installment) and would greatly increase the chances that this mod doesn't make it to release. (just look at how many mods have already been lost throughout the alpha updates).

I intend to do splitting and things like the low/no techno version, but not until the game is released and the content i have is "done-ish" and working good.

In other news, new update:

Updated to: (v. 1.91.B18)
- Slightly increased cook time on preserved foods (Jerked/Dried/Cheese).
- Warbourne Shieldbelt can now be deconstructed.
- Added new building "Double Cot"
- Adjusted color of adobe bricks
- Added foot/hand gear to core game pawns (should be little difference in-game load on spawns, let me know if it isn't)
- Various adjustments to X-path coding (more will be comming)
- Fixed desigantion categories on various storage buildings (wooden pallet, combat stand, storage pot should now be visable in the (Medieval) tab.)

P.S.
Let me know if you guys find any bugs, like pink boxes and which item they are that's producing them. or graphics that look exactly like one another for some odd reason (except for rusty war knife/ war knife, thouse are supposed to look similar)

Hydromancerx

cyberian

Btw. does my steam workshop mod automatically update and break my savegame?

Sorry this has probably been asked a hundred times already just started playing Rimworld but this question is not answered in Reddit FAQ or forum sticky.

edit: just found this thread about copying mods and unsubscribing:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29440.0
I guess I should do that before opening Rimworld next time? Or when does the mod actually download the new patch?
edit2: THX @Canute I guess I roll with it then

Canute

If you are complety at the B18 version it doesn't matter much.
Most modder try to avoid safegame breaking patches.
But you should keep these option at mind for the next Rimworld release if you want to play B18 with your mods.

cyberian

Btw. how does ammo work? My catapults seem to have fired without having ammo while the murder holes did not (but maby I just used it wrong).
Yet have to craft ammo as I only have 2 crafters who are busy with too many bills.

Vindar

Quote from: Hydromancerx on December 12, 2017, 02:32:31 AM

Please add a Plague Doctor Mask

Its been on the list for a while, when i get around to it i will.

Quote from: cyberian on December 12, 2017, 02:53:43 AM
Btw. does my steam workshop mod automatically update and break my savegame?

Sorry this has probably been asked a hundred times already just started playing Rimworld but this question is not answered in Reddit FAQ or forum sticky.

edit: just found this thread about copying mods and unsubscribing:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29440.0
I guess I should do that before opening Rimworld next time? Or when does the mod actually download the new patch?
edit2: THX @Canute I guess I roll with it then

I go out of my way to avoid save game breaker updates  until official updates. the only time you should experience a save breaker w/ med times is when their is a large official update such as the beta 18 update. I also keep backups of the last patch for the major updates on the nexus site (alpha 17, 16, ect.)

Quote from: cyberian on December 12, 2017, 05:46:57 AM
Btw. how does ammo work? My catapults seem to have fired without having ammo while the murder holes did not (but maby I just used it wrong).
Yet have to craft ammo as I only have 2 crafters who are busy with too many bills.

It should work pretty basically, using explosive pots as ammo, but i have no idea if it actually does or not.

beta 18 did some updates to how ammo can work and the catapult was changed as a result, i have yet to test it out cause i've been pretty busy. hopefully by the end of the day i can have some testing on it and figure out if it even works and get around to finishing what was planned for it by the next patch. (that it still needed work slipped my mind for a while there)

=================
P.S.
Found a bug on the full mufaloon rug that will be fixed for the next patch (rug was missing the minifiable def)

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.92.B18)
- Added new Building "Tribals" Rug.
- Fixed "Full Muffaloon" Rug bug.
- Fixed Medieval Turrents bug.
(Murder Holes/Catapults shell system was broken. In order to work properly in current games, new turrent buildings will need to be constructed.)
- Updated graphics for Warbourne Sheildbelts.
- Some minor bug fixes/graphic tweaks.

cyberian

does anyone know why I can't seem to be able to smelt some of the items:

Vindar

Sarge

I'm a masochist when it comes to gaming. For some reason I always have to try beat a game swimming against the current, pissing upwind. However, when raiders rock up at my front door with rifles and I'm still packing bow and arrow it gets too much.

I decided to cut myself some slack and cap it out at medieval stuffs. I love the era in any case so all wins. I also grab the Megafauna mod as well as Giddyup, cause steeds and pop the cherry on top with RunandGun. Shit's going to be epic.

First raider shows up pinching a boar between his legs. Brilliant! Except he's wielding a .44 Magnum. Kamaaaaaan  :o

How do I make it so that there are only medieval stuffs in the game?
How do I make it stay there too... no research into electricity, no nothing beyond Baldric, my 'castle' and I?

Sarge

@OP Fyi: From Combat Extended

Quote from: Sarge on December 27, 2017, 06:42:58 AM
Quote from: Maeyanie on December 26, 2017, 09:30:39 PM
Quote from: Sarge on December 26, 2017, 06:13:49 PM
Is this message maybe saying why there's a problem with the ammo in my game and how I can fix it?

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.AmmoInjector.InjectAmmos () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.AmmoInjector.Inject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

I got a similar message when I was first trying the B18 versions of everything, and it ended up being a conflict with a weapon mod which was not yet updated for the B18 version of CE. In my particular case it was Medieval Times, but it's likely at least some other weapon-containing mods have the same issue. Properly updated weapon mods (of which the only one I know is the Rambo one) do seem to work fine though.

Thanks a stack. Medieval Times is one of the new mods I loaded. Let me remove it from my mod list to test.

EDIT: Yes, you were correct. I removed Medieval Times, the error message was no longer there and a quick new game tested that ammo was back in without a problem.

Quick Test:
Have a pawn pick ammo up from ground on start and then attack an animal that will knock it out or kill it. If the ammo drops to the ground, all's good. If the problem is still there, no ammo will drop and there will be none in the pawns inventory.

It also appears that, if the problem is there, if you un-forbid the ammo on game start and haul it to a stockpile, the moment they drop it in the stockpile it disappears.

Umbreon117

Quote from: Sarge on December 24, 2017, 02:27:45 PM
I'm a masochist when it comes to gaming. For some reason I always have to try beat a game swimming against the current, pissing upwind. However, when raiders rock up at my front door with rifles and I'm still packing bow and arrow it gets too much.

I decided to cut myself some slack and cap it out at medieval stuffs. I love the era in any case so all wins. I also grab the Megafauna mod as well as Giddyup, cause steeds and pop the cherry on top with RunandGun. Shit's going to be epic.

First raider shows up pinching a boar between his legs. Brilliant! Except he's wielding a .44 Magnum. Kamaaaaaan  :o

How do I make it so that there are only medieval stuffs in the game?
How do I make it stay there too... no research into electricity, no nothing beyond Baldric, my 'castle' and I?
Faction Control mod. I forget who made it, but you can edit it so only tribals and medieval factions spawn.

Edit: No electricity is all on you not researching it though.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Sarge

Ohhhssshhhiiiiiiiitttt. Now they gonna get a hurtin' real bad! Thank you so much dudes!

medieval times breaks the pleasure cruiser trade ship from additional joy objects.it has no items or silver.
i'm certain it's this mod causing it since the trade ship worked just fine after i removed it