[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaleidx

Awesome news! Really needed this in my playthroughs. Not many apparel mods for new version yet.

mvargus

quick question, is there a way to turn off the hostile warband when setting up a new game with this mod.  I like the features, but the oversized raids that seem to come from this mod have always been something that's kept my enjoyment down when trying to keep a colony going.

TheAtomicOption

That's a lot of great looking content. Have you considered splitting this into a core + addons setup the way most other mod authors have?

Personally I'd use the buildings/furniture in every modpack even if the factions, or armor and weapons didn't fit, but that'd only be possible if they were separate files. I think a good content split would be something like: 1. Core (research and other shared stuff) 2. Furniture and buildings 3. Weapons and Armor 4. Factions

Chisato

Ruisuki

Quote from: TheAtomicOption on September 05, 2018, 11:00:02 AM
That's a lot of great looking content. Have you considered splitting this into a core + addons setup the way most other mod authors have?

Personally I'd use the buildings/furniture in every modpack even if the factions, or armor and weapons didn't fit, but that'd only be possible if they were separate files. I think a good content split would be something like: 1. Core (research and other shared stuff) 2. Furniture and buildings 3. Weapons and Armor 4. Factions
i agree

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.97.B19)
- New graphic for Flak Pants
- adjusted values on cold weather tolerance.

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.972.B19)
- Fixed royal plated temp bug
- Basic re-balence of armors stats

Olib

It would be really great if this would co-operate with cupros alloys (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1474904096&searchtext=alloys). I feel like it would add quite a lot to your mod if you could make the armour/weapons out of all the different metal types from this mod. No idea if that is viable or not, just an idea.

Not that your mod is not fun as it is, I really enjoy it.

zmadz

i thought u could craft stuff from alloys just needs his weapons to be stuffed

starlightshimmers

I literally only play this game for this mod. Great mod.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is that all the armour require wood or steel. It should be possible to make armours out of other materials, not just steel or wood.

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.974.B19)
- Updated to Rimworld version 1.0.2059
- Balenced bows.

=================

P.S.
I am aware i forgot to update the b-19 moniker at the end of the file version to 1.0, ill do it on the next patch.

cyberian

@Vindar
So some of the weapons have a "knightly tag". Does this actually do anything?

Or just used to equip "knightly" raiders?

Great work with the mod btw running it almost every game.

Ruisuki

how do the new factions compare to vanilla in difficulty? or with modded ones like rimsenal? can they keep up with colonists that use guns

Madman666

Medieval factions have a lot of decently armored melee fighters (50-85% sharp armor), they send slightly less people than tribals, but usually more than outlanders or pirates. Lategame they start sending knights (85%-100+% armor and shields, heavy two handed weapons with devastating damage, long cooldowns). They are really strong, though federation is probably worse, cause federate dudes never flee (basically raid's strength x2), mostly ignore armor (burn damage) and amount of raiders is somewhat unbalanced (auxiliary waves i am looking at you). MT however provides really strong defensive buildings to compensate its difficulty spike and a lot of readily available not too expensive craftable armors, unlike Rimsenal.

Warforyou

The only thing that makes to never want to use this mod again is "nanite" and "artifact" system that just seems so ubalanced and so out of place. I just keep getting $30.000+ geared nanite "ancient warriors" from cryptosleep caskets. And those otherwise poor wendors keep sending caravans with some (useful) trash and SOME EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE PIECES OF NANITE JUNK! I really enjoyed knight raids and all the medieval style though.