pink map

Started by csducks, July 28, 2016, 03:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csducks

when I load the game or try starting a new map, the image for the map on world creation and in game is pink

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Calahan

You might want to check these two recent threads (from the support section) to see if they can help you. I am not sure if it's exactly the same bug as yours, since these two threads are related to a pink screen on the landing site (playing screen), as opposed to the map view. But I'd be surprised if they are not unrelated.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22151
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21697

The second thread suggests shutting down//restarting your computer, as that rectified the problem for two users.

If none of that helps then it would probably be useful for you to post the log file and/or your system specs and O/S (Operating System)

csducks

restart didnt work, neither did a reinstall. As far as I can guess is maybe the art assets are corrupted? And what files should I drop on here? I made a save of a new game after I did a reinstall

milon

See the link in my sig regarding the log file ;)

Tynan

csd can you post your log? It'd be useful.

Also does this affect gameplay or just this map?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

csducks

Sorry been busy, it shows up pink on a new world generation, when the game starts i have sound and can click objects, but everything is pink. I will try to get a log posted asap tonight

csducks

this is a fresh log after a reinstall,after loading a new world everything is pink still on the map generator, and ingame after starting a new colony, earlier saves have been wiped

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Tynan

Quote from: csducks on August 18, 2016, 06:35:07 PM
this is a fresh log after a reinstall,after loading a new world everything is pink still on the map generator, and ingame after starting a new colony, earlier saves have been wiped

Looks like your video driver is from October 2013, please update it and give it another shot.

EDIT: Also, two video cards? Something strange is going on here

Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nvumdshim.dll 9.18.13.3165]
    Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Vendor:   Intel
    VRAM:     1988 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
d3d: creation params: flags=44 swap=1 vsync=80000000 w=304 h=201 fmt=21 bbcount=1 dsformat=75 pflags=0
d3d: failed to create device [queried technique not available]
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M     (ID=0xfe4)
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     1988 MB
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog