[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

ZackIsTheDevil

I can't use this because it downloads into a VLC can you try using dropbox or Mediafire

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: ZackIsTheDevil on December 03, 2016, 09:14:58 AM
I can't use this because it downloads into a VLC can you try using dropbox or Mediafire
there is a steam workshop version

ZackIsTheDevil

i dont like using steam that much

Profugo Barbatus

What do you mean it downloads into a VLC. Its a .rar file from Nexus, and I have no idea why you'd have VLC player set up as your default .rar opener. Even if you did, you can still right click on it an extract it with whatever your normal archive tool is.

Pink Omega

Hey Diana, will you ever do some kind of melee weapon for the Orassans?

<=To Be Continued/\/

Diana Winters

Quote from: Yoshikage Kira (Pink Omega) on December 04, 2016, 04:47:13 PM

There are plasteel claws made explicitly for the Orassans. As for a weapon humans can use... Probably not. I can't think of a reason why space troopers would have developed melee weapons much better than knives and swords when they have sharp claws and teeth. Also, for as cool as lightsabres are, they aren't exactly practical when brought into reality.

Do you have any suggestions for futuristic melee weapons?

Pink Omega

Quote from: Diana Winters on December 04, 2016, 05:42:42 PM

There are plasteel claws made explicitly for the Orassans. As for a weapon humans can use... Probably not. I can't think of a reason why space troopers would have developed melee weapons much better than knives and swords when they have sharp claws and teeth. Also, for as cool as lightsabres are, they aren't exactly practical when brought into reality.

Don't know if you would like it, but, perhaps something like a Brass knuckles with sharp claws. It would do more damage than the orassan's fist, and could cause bleeding, or burn. Maybe the claws could be made of energy? Or plasteel, I don't know. If you think of futuristic melee weapons you'll probably imagine something made of energy, sword-like, a lightsaber thing...But I think my ideia is more...Original?

<=To Be Continued/\/

Canute

QuoteI can't think of a reason why space troopers would have developed melee weapons much better than knives and swords when they have sharp claws and teeth
Think about "Space trooper", do you think they it is wise to use their claws and teeth in a spacesuit ?

Pink Omega

Quote from: Canute on December 04, 2016, 06:25:01 PM
Think about "Space trooper", do you think they it is wise to use their claws and teeth in a spacesuit ?
You're right, but their fists causes bleeding and do something around 10 - 13 damage, it's a little better than a normal plasteel knife.

<=To Be Continued/\/

ChaosChronicler

Hm, polls locked for me. Did I miss it or is it something else?

Diana Winters

Quote from: Canute on December 04, 2016, 06:25:01 PM
QuoteI can't think of a reason why space troopers would have developed melee weapons much better than knives and swords when they have sharp claws and teeth

They don't fight in space, at least not in the vacuum. If they did, they'd like use a combat knife or similar weapon or, you know, a gun...

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on December 04, 2016, 11:12:03 PM
Hm, polls locked for me. Did I miss it or is it something else?

Polls were locked some time ago and the change was made... also, you can't delete polls...

Quote from: Yoshikage Kira (Pink Omega) on December 04, 2016, 06:14:07 PM
Quote from: Diana Winters on December 04, 2016, 05:42:42 PM

Don't know if you would like it, but, perhaps something like a Brass knuckles with sharp claws. It would do more damage than the orassan's fist, and could cause bleeding, or burn. Maybe the claws could be made of energy? Or plasteel, I don't know. If you think of futuristic melee weapons you'll probably imagine something made of energy, sword-like, a lightsaber thing...But I think my ideia is more...Original?

Seeing as plasteel claws were already added...

Also, energy weapons like lightsabers aren't terribly practical, not to mention more dangerous to the user than anyone else...

ChromeMax

You know what you should add? Reptilian creatures. Their scales provide extra armor and their fangs and claws do damage as well. They lack a deal in manipulation however, and maybe bleed out faster.

Diana Winters

Quote from: ChromeMax on December 05, 2016, 01:05:15 PM
You know what you should add? Reptilian creatures. Their scales provide extra armor and their fangs and claws do damage as well. They lack a deal in manipulation however, and maybe bleed out faster.

I already planned on adding them, but I still need assets for 'em

ChaosChronicler

Since the poll's locked can you put me down for yes?

DeceptiveKorean

Quote from: ithikari on July 28, 2016, 11:44:13 AM
Does that mean we can fuck cats now?
That's just.. awkward.