[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Diana Winters

sefer

Fixed the EPOE patch, didn't change anything other than making it compatible with 2.0. Go into EPOE patch folder, go into defs, recipeDefs, open Recipies_orasan.xml and replace everything with this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<RecipeDefs>

<RecipeDef ParentName="RecipeBasicProsthesis">
      <defName>CreateClothTail</defName>
      <label>Craft Cloth Tail</label>
      <description>Crafts a tail from cloth.</description>
      <jobString>Crafting prosthesis.</jobString>
      <soundWorking>Recipe_Tailor</soundWorking>
      <recipeUsers>
     <li>TableBasicProsthetic</li>
      </recipeUsers>
      <ingredients>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>Cloth</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>25</count>
         </li>
      </ingredients>
      <fixedIngredientFilter>
         <thingDefs>
            <li>Cloth</li>
         </thingDefs>
      </fixedIngredientFilter>
      <products>
         <ClothTail>1</ClothTail>
      </products>
</RecipeDef>

<RecipeDef ParentName="RecipeBionicProsthesis">
      <defName>CreatePlasteelClaws</defName>
      <label>Craft Plasteel Claws</label>
      <description>Crafts a set of plasteel claws.</description>
      <jobString>Crafting bionic.</jobString>
      <soundWorking>EPOEAssembling</soundWorking>
      <recipeUsers>
     <li>TableBionics</li>
      </recipeUsers>
      <ingredients>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>Plasteel</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>10</count>
         </li>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>Component</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>1</count>
         </li>
      </ingredients>
      <fixedIngredientFilter>
         <thingDefs>
            <li>Plasteel</li>
            <li>Component</li>
         </thingDefs>
      </fixedIngredientFilter>
      <products>
         <PlasteelClaws>1</PlasteelClaws>
      </products>
</RecipeDef>

<RecipeDef ParentName="RecipeBionicProsthesis">
      <defName>CreateBionicTail</defName>
      <label>Craft Bionic Tail</label>
      <description>Crafts a bionic tail.</description>
      <jobString>Crafting bionic.</jobString>
      <recipeUsers>
     <li>TableBionics</li>
      </recipeUsers>
      <ingredients>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>Plasteel</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>55</count>
         </li>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>Component</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>1</count>
         </li>
      </ingredients>
      <fixedIngredientFilter>
         <thingDefs>
            <li>Plasteel</li>
            <li>Component</li>
         </thingDefs>
      </fixedIngredientFilter>
      <products>
         <BionicTail>1</BionicTail>
      </products>
</RecipeDef>

<RecipeDef ParentName="RecipeAdvancedProsthesis">
      <defName>CreateAdvancedTail</defName>
      <label>Upgrade Bionic Tail</label>
      <description>Upgrade a bionic tail with vancidium.</description>
      <jobString>Upgrading bionic.</jobString>
      <recipeUsers>
     <li>TableBionics</li>
      </recipeUsers>
      <ingredients>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>BionicTail</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>1</count>
         </li>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>EnergizedComponents</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>3</count>
         </li>
      </ingredients>
      <fixedIngredientFilter>
         <thingDefs>
            <li>BionicTail</li>
            <li>EnergizedComponents</li>
         </thingDefs>
      </fixedIngredientFilter>
      <products>
         <AdvancedTail>1</AdvancedTail>
      </products>
</RecipeDef>

</RecipeDefs>

Diana Winters

sefer

Np. ^^.

Also I am in the process of balancing the Ori for my own gameplay, atm it is a crazy good pet for no effort. Compared to a raccoon, a creature of larger size, its market value is 4-5x more, it can carry 3-4x more, it lives 3-4x longer, it deals more damage, its wilderness is almost half of a raccoon and it can be handled with minimum of 1 handling. So to me it just doesn't seem fair given how common it is, on my new gameplay herds of them spawned totalling 15-20 around the map. Each herd consisting of around 5-8+.

Just thought i'd let you know they could use some adjustments unless you intended for them to be this way.

Diana Winters

Quote from: sefer on February 21, 2017, 02:07:51 AM
Np. ^^.

Also I am in the process of balancing the Ori for my own gameplay, atm it is a crazy good pet for no effort. Compared to a raccoon, a creature of larger size, its market value is 4-5x more, it can carry 3-4x more, it lives 3-4x longer, it deals more damage, its wilderness is almost half of a raccoon and it can be handled with minimum of 1 handling. So to me it just doesn't seem fair given how common it is, on my new gameplay herds of them spawned totalling 15-20 around the map. Each herd consisting of around 5-8+.

Just thought i'd let you know they could use some adjustments unless you intended for them to be this way.

They are actually more like monkies and foxes than raccoons; though I should really increase the drawsize of them

sefer

True. I based their changes on raccoons because of the size of raccoons compared to small lemur type monkeys. And Ori based on size of mushrooms, flowers ingame is comparable to something near half the size of a lemur. Naturally a Raccoon can haul as much or more than a lemur, further its combat should be weaker via scratching. Where it should be superior is leather insulation and life expect. They should also be faster I think? I adjusted the Ori to these stats:

4.40 movespeed
marketvalue 350
1.3 cooldown and 5 damage on both scratches
Temperate forest 0.6 instead of 1 for spawning.
Hungerrate 0.3
healthscale 0.4
leather insulation 1 instead of 1.5 (even artic wolves have at most 1.2, a snow hare has 1.1.)
wildness 0.75 (with the low 0.40 it can be tamed by anyone with handling of 1... for such a strong, expensive pet, it should be harder.)
life expectancy 14 (30 was too much, lemurs live around 16-19, cats 12-18, in game cats are 10, so i subtracted 2 from min lemur life. Monkeys ingame are indeed 30, which is insanely long, especially since ori spawns in herds and is stronger and more useful.)
combatpower 35
spawnherd 2 - 5 (the low eco cost may be good for artic biomes, but for temperate it was spawning so many.
bodysize 0.40 (this way it can haul, but given its size... It really shouldn't carry too much. Unfortunately this is the minimum for hauling.)

Diana Winters

Quote from: sefer on February 21, 2017, 03:43:29 AM
<snip>
You're coming from the right place, but I am satisfied with how they're balanced right now. I am only stating this so you know that I will not be changing the ~official~ version of the mod to reflect these changes.

sefer

Okay, all good ^^. Just wanted to let you know what I set them too incase you haven't had too much feedback about them yet. For someone who doesn't normally play in the arctic zones, they seemed out of sorts with me. But given eco weight of ice zones, they are probably perfect. So really I probably only needed to adjust their herd size and spawn rate in non ice regions. But given how they are officially, on a large map in temperate forest they outnumber everything lol. And given their properties I felt a little bad that I could easily get them for 1 handling.

Loving the mod tho, its amazing :D.

Diana Winters

Quote from: sefer on February 21, 2017, 05:53:12 AM
Okay, all good ^^. Just wanted to let you know what I set them too incase you haven't had too much feedback about them yet. For someone who doesn't normally play in the arctic zones, they seemed out of sorts with me. But given eco weight of ice zones, they are probably perfect. So really I probably only needed to adjust their herd size and spawn rate in non ice regions. But given how they are officially, on a large map in temperate forest they outnumber everything lol. And given their properties I felt a little bad that I could easily get them for 1 handling.

Loving the mod tho, its amazing :D.

If they weren't such great pets, the Orassans would have exterminated them due to their rapid rate of reproduction

RyunosukeKnT

you have 2 EPOE patches on Nexus, can I hazard to guess one is 2.0 EPOE and one is not? also which one is which?

sefer

I do believe the one currently listed here is 2.0 as I added the fix to it above if u go up a few posts. You could even just do it yourself, i left instructions.

sefer

I do love the race, I really do, but is there any version available that does not include the items? I've tried removing them, editing them out, etc, but it crashes the entire freaking mod.. I love the race, but the stuff... Huge market prices, higher dmg, less cooldown, more range.. And every few npcs I see I notice 1 or more holding your weapons. It really breaks the balance. I don't understand why I can't just delete the items and have them disabled ingame.. Are they somehow wired into the assemblie folder??

Please, if you can, a version of just the cat race would be amazing. No weapons or armors.

Diana Winters

Quote from: sefer on February 23, 2017, 07:25:37 AM
I do love the race, I really do, but is there any version available that does not include the items? I've tried removing them, editing them out, etc, but it crashes the entire freaking mod.. I love the race, but the stuff... Huge market prices, higher dmg, less cooldown, more range.. And every few npcs I see I notice 1 or more holding your weapons. It really breaks the balance. I don't understand why I can't just delete the items and have them disabled ingame.. Are they somehow wired into the assemblie folder??

Please, if you can, a version of just the cat race would be amazing. No weapons or armors.

I will not be doing so, but you likely forgot to remove the weapon tags or something in the pawnkinddefs, but otherwise if any pawn is wearing the armor or have the weapons you can not load a save w/o them; you likely have pawns outside the map that have the items.

Aharmlesskitten

So I was trying to change the time it takes to make the exoskeleton Armour (it take 667 work atm) to about 6000 or thereabouts. I unloaded the mods and then relaunched as after changing the xml but nothing changed. I'm sure i'm just missing something because i'm pretty new to this stuff. Any advice?

Diana Winters

Quote from: Aharmlesskitten on February 27, 2017, 01:03:01 PM
So I was trying to change the time it takes to make the exoskeleton Armour (it take 667 work atm) to about 6000 or thereabouts. I unloaded the mods and then relaunched as after changing the xml but nothing changed. I'm sure i'm just missing something because i'm pretty new to this stuff. Any advice?

are you using the combat realism patch?