[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

dershamc903

I love your mod.

In A16 I used your story teller all the time, it was the best way to build a population without having to sit around and wait. For whatever reason in A17 all sorts of strange things happen when I use your story teller.

I notice that events happen more frequently but sometimes right after another on the same day, sometime several events in one day stacked upon each other. The other story tellers certainly drag things out, but it feels a little fast paced. I do have a lot of mods installed, but I've noticed that as soon as I've switched to yours it starts speeding up the frequency.

With your story teller enabled I also accepted a refugee who was fleeing from one of the factions of a mod (the mercenary faction I think) and so I accepted, and then an endless wave of bad guys came in and they came in as a separate event each time (little red box pops up telling you you're under attack) It didn't quite freeze the game, but made it move at such a snail place that I couldn't actually see what happens when 200+ guys attack your base at the same time, which is a shame I wanted to see. I had to reload to an auto-save so I don't know how many waves of attacks I had, but there were many I could tell from the fact that all the enemy character names were just blurring over each other.

Certainly there is no problem with using your story teller for a short period of time, but over longer period of time it gets a little crazy. I hope it's fixable, because in A16 she was an awesome story teller.

OldManSteve

How can a colony craft a bionic tail? I didn't see the option in the Bionics workbench.

Diana Winters

Quote from: MechanoidHater on June 01, 2017, 05:02:05 AM
<Snip>
You need humanoid alien Framwork
Quote from: OldManSteve on June 02, 2017, 10:24:59 AM
How can a colony craft a bionic tail? I didn't see the option in the Bionics workbench.
Do you have the EPOE patch?

IHateRegistering

Is it a new thing that orassans can't woo humans anymore and vice versa? When going into dev mode and checking attraction and the like, orassans don't consider humans at all but are still trying to initiate a romantic relationship with them sometimes, which will always end up with them getting rejected.

Also, when forcing a relationship via the dev mode, they will sleep in the same bed but won't have sex.

Diana Winters

Quote from: IHateRegistering on June 03, 2017, 11:42:03 AM
Is it a new thing that orassans can't woo humans anymore and vice versa? When going into dev mode and checking attraction and the like, orassans don't consider humans at all but are still trying to initiate a romantic relationship with them sometimes, which will always end up with them getting rejected.

Also, when forcing a relationship via the dev mode, they will sleep in the same bed but won't have sex.
After doing some testing with minimal mods, relationships seem to be working as intended; please post your modlist for further assistance

As you can see, the human and Orassan are engaging in the "lovin" activity

IHateRegistering

I think I got it now, age seems to be a factor whether colonists say yes or no. The orassan is 16 and debug mode showed me that the probability was something like 0, after aging the orassan to 19 the probability shot up to 2.something.

Canute

Diana,
could you please update your 1. posting. It isn't wise to have a requirement for your mod that isn't on the forum anymore.
Instead to use the steam link you should use the github link.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Canute on June 19, 2017, 03:20:37 AM
Diana,
could you please update your 1. posting. It isn't wise to have a requirement for your mod that isn't on the forum anymore.
Instead to use the steam link you should use the github link.

What exactly are you asking me to do? And what's wrong with linking it to the steam page?

Canute

steam is steam, forum is forum.
DRM user don't got access to steam workshop, so this mod become pointless to publish here, when the framework is steam only.

Antaios

Quote from: Canute on June 19, 2017, 01:27:04 PM
steam is steam, forum is forum.
DRM user don't got access to steam workshop, so this mod become pointless to publish here, when the framework is steam only.

The Alien framework link may direct to the steam workshop, but the framework's mod description includes a link to github with downloadable releases.

Canute

Yes, but how long does the thread maybe stay here since the original poster is deleted.
Thats why Diana should use the github link.

Igams

I got this error when installing this mod and the EPOE add-on. Should I be worried about anything? Sorry, I'm new to modding this game :D

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Canute

Do you got the latest Alian framework installed ?

Diana Winters

Quote from: Churchboy666 on July 08, 2017, 04:46:04 PM
I got this error when installing this mod and the EPOE add-on. Should I be worried about anything? Sorry, I'm new to modding this game :D

Is the patch loaded after Orassans and EPOE 2?

Igams

Quote from: Canute on July 08, 2017, 05:10:01 PM
Do you got the latest Alian framework installed ?

Quote from: Diana Winters on July 08, 2017, 05:15:41 PM

Is the patch loaded after Orassans and EPOE 2?

Hey Canute you were right. I needed to update my Alien Framework with the latest patch. Sorry for the novice mistake and thank you both for the fast replies!

I'm in game now and everything looks great. Thanks so much for the fantastic mod Diana!  ;D