[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Diana Winters

Quote from: GrimTrigger on September 26, 2017, 03:20:57 PM
So... Ive not mated the orassans yet since I've downloaded the Children and Pregnancy mod, just curious if you have any intentions of doing an integration patch with that mod.  Would be neat to see a litter of kittens, maybe even have them mature faster than the human pawns, as you previously stated.
Maybe try to do it first to see if it works instead of assuming it needs a patch :p
P.s. if the patch needs C# I won't be able to make it myself

GrimTrigger

Someone else confirmed that only the humans produce children, I think they mentioned cross-species relationships still spawned human children.  As far as what programming language would be required, I could not begin to tell you.

Diana Winters

Update 4: Misc tweaks. Orassans have a higher chance to dodge melee attacks.

sirgzu

Silly question, can orassans actually end up in relationships with humans or other alien races?

Skcuske_Lobuk

Quote from: Diana Winters on October 03, 2017, 10:42:31 AM
Don't you think they are overpowered enough?

kubolek01

Quote from: Montezuma on October 03, 2017, 05:52:08 PM
Faster, but less durable. And their pets are erm... way too weak to use off base :P
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

tonsrd

downloaded from nnm 2day unable to extract files from .rar file is broken / unkown.

tried opening with 7zip.
tried downloading again a few later ( same result )

kubolek01

Quote from: tonsrd on October 04, 2017, 01:36:07 PM
downloaded from nnm 2day unable to extract files from .rar file is broken / unkown.

tried opening with 7zip.
Erm... ask Diana for old RAR, if current is down?
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Skcuske_Lobuk

Quote from: kubolek01 on October 04, 2017, 01:17:33 AM
Quote from: Montezuma on October 03, 2017, 05:52:08 PM
Faster, but less durable. And their pets are erm... way too weak to use off base :P
33 % faster than humans, can tolerate -60 °C naked, ResearchSpeed +20 %, baseBodySize -20 % making them harder to hit, not talking about the weapons.
All in all the most boring race to play with. I've started killing them all as soon as they enter my map. I'd at least expect their leather insulate more, that way they can only be used for chairs. At least my colonists don't complain about the taste of their meat.
Once I finish my current game, I'm removing this boring Mary-Sue / Gary-Stu race.

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Montezuma on October 04, 2017, 06:49:30 PM

33 % faster than humans, can tolerate -60 °C naked, ResearchSpeed +20 %, baseBodySize -20 % making them harder to hit, not talking about the weapons.
All in all the most boring race to play with. I've started killing them all as soon as they enter my map. I'd at least expect their leather insulate more, that way they can only be used for chairs. At least my colonists don't complain about the taste of their meat.
Once I finish my current game, I'm removing this boring Mary-Sue / Gary-Stu race.
You can easily tweak their stats, though. It's as easy as looking through the xml files and editing them with a simple text editor because everything is pretty self-explanatory in those files, you don't really need any experience with any programming language or somesuch.

Canute

tried opening with 7zip.
I just download the Orassans-138-17-04.rar
the latest release and don't got problems to open and extract it.

Skcuske_Lobuk

Quote from: IHateRegistering on October 04, 2017, 08:58:02 PM
Quote from: Montezuma on October 04, 2017, 06:49:30 PM

You can easily tweak their stats, though. It's as easy as looking through the xml files and editing them with a simple text editor because everything is pretty self-explanatory in those files, you don't really need any experience with any programming language or somesuch.
I have no problem with changing stats, but I could expect from a mod author to at least mark his/her mod as game breaking and completely overpowered. No other race mod has such a Mary-Sue attitude.

They come from an ice world and have thick fur? Sure, make them superior to humans and let them endure up to + 26 °C. Ever wore a thick winter coat with outside temperatures above 20 °C?
Ice world ... Yeah, polar bears also vary in color.
Small cat people walking on two legs faster than a human? Sure, my kitty does the same.
Cat people with paws handling guns better than humanlike hands with fingers? Sure, absolutely believable.
If they are 50 % gay, it's not very likely they have a human like reproduction rate.
If they come from an ice planet, wouldn't their damage type of choice be fire instead of ice, when they can handle -60 °C?
And also heighten the research speed for no reason.
Also make them smaller so that they are harder to hit and even up the dodge chance – boring ...

No disadvantages, contradicting race backstory with "plot holes", sounds more like an episode of "Lost".
MARY-SUE!!

Oblitus

Quote from: Montezuma on October 06, 2017, 01:12:42 PM
I have no problem with changing stats, but I could expect from a mod author to at least mark his/her mod as game breaking and completely overpowered. No other race mod has such a Mary-Sue attitude.
Xen's races are much more OP. They are even faster than orassans and tougher than humans. And orassan's gear is one of the sanest from endgame tier stuff mods. So, while hell op compared to vanilla, they are not that op with other mods, especially ones adding more difficulty.

Only thing I have issues with is cryo launcher which is using broken frostbite damage.

They come from an ice world and have thick fur? Sure, make them superior to humans and let them endure up to + 26 °C. Ever wore a thick winter coat with outside temperatures above 20 °C?
Ice world ... Yeah, polar bears also vary in color.
If they come from an ice planet, wouldn't their damage type of choice be fire instead of ice, when they can handle -60 °C?
Reasonable.

Small cat people walking on two legs faster than a human? Sure, my kitty does the same.
Cat people with paws handling guns better than humanlike hands with fingers? Sure, absolutely believable.
Small creatures tend to move faster. And human legs are not very good at running. Good at standing, yes, but not running. Modern prosthetics for both legs often looks a lot like a digitigrade animal leg.
They are anthropomorphic with humanlike hands.

If they are 50 % gay, it's not very likely they have a human like reproduction rate.
You are assuming human-level gestation time and single offspring per pregnancy. If they have 3-4 per litter, having relatives who can help can be a great benefit.

Also make them smaller so that they are harder to hit and even up the dodge chance – boring ...
A smaller size is both benefit and problem; orassans are more fragile.

tonsrd

Quote from: Canute on October 05, 2017, 03:24:29 AM

tried opening with 7zip.

what version of WinRAR do you have ( I have 3.8 not updated it in years )

ive re-dl mod from nnm still saying "incomplete" etc etc, 7zip sez can not open "archive" this is the only mod/download ive got this problem with

Canute

Quote from: tonsrd on October 06, 2017, 09:07:37 PM
Quote from: Canute on October 05, 2017, 03:24:29 AM

tried opening with 7zip.

what version of WinRAR do you have ( I have 3.8 not updated it in years )

ive re-dl mod from nnm still saying "incomplete" etc etc, 7zip sez can not open "archive" this is the only mod/download ive got this problem with
I got 7-zip 64 bit, 15.14.
And since you are the only one who reported this problems so far, i think there is a problem at your side.
Maybe try a different brower first.